mineral make-up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzybaby

Reaction score
Hello geeks
I was just wondering if any of you found that the mineral make-up such as Jane Iredale and lilly lolo wears off pretty quickly?

I have the jane Iredale rep coming out to see me again to take on the range for my home salon
she gave me a tester of the pure pressed powder but it just seems to wear off!!!

i also sent away for all the lilly lolo testers and these wear off too!!!
Is it just me as all the threads on here say it has great staying power am I doing something wrong?

When you apply the powder do you buff, buff, buff and then more buffing?!!:) You can also layer it. I have to say that I find it does have impressive staying power. Are you using the correct type of brush? Kabuki are the best, but if you don't have that then any densly packed powder brush should do.

If you have the rep coming to see you then I'm sure that she will be able to advise you better.:hug:

Be sure that your skin care is doing the job for you.
This can be a common problem with oily skin...what is your skin type?

Start with a good skin care regimen if you already haven't done so.

A water-based liquid foundation works well... with the crushed minerals foundation buffed in over the top for a matte finish. Also a mineral freshner or spray to set your make up may also work well for you.

i use Lilli Lolo and its stays put all day....i buff the powder right in my skin and doe a couple of thin layers.

the trick is layers i buff and buff and buff i apply 3 very thin layers then put my finishing powder on then apply blusher eyeshadow etc then finishing powder again.
hth

I got some Lily Lolo samples and thought the products were excellent. I have very oily skin and I struggle to find a foundation that stays on all day, but I had no problems with the samples I got. Now I just need to get the colour right!

There was a thread recently about applying mineral make-up. If you do a search you should find it - it's very helpful as regards application. When I got my samples they sent me a leaflet about how to apply it as well.

Hi
thanks for all your replies
will try the things you've suggested
thought it probably was something I'm doing

thanks again :hug:

Hello geeks
I've just had the jane Iredale rep out today and she suggested for my skin type I should use the primer to keep the base on also maybe I wasn't applying enough
She applied some on me and it's still on so it was something I was doing

I have just invested in the range in my home salon as I'm really impressed with the coverage and all the recommendations for it on this site
thanks again for all your advice
:hug::hug:

Glad you got it sorted

Congratulations for choosing JI - you'll love it!

I must say I am having the same problem with my Lily Lolo.

You can see me shining from a mile away.

I used the primer for oily skin as well as a finishing powder for shine. I apply at least two layers of foundation it with a velour puff and work it in, but it doesn't work for me.

Dont know if I feel like buying the special brush at £14. I think i might just go to MAC and try their stuff, they have a great primer for oily skin.

As for mineral makeup being more friendly for acne, or sensitive skin, my skin seems to have become worse.

sigh....

I must say I am having the same problem with my Lily Lolo.

You can see me shining from a mile away.

I used the primer for oily skin as well as a finishing powder for shine. I apply at least two layers of foundation it with a velour puff and work it in, but it doesn't work for me.

Dont know if I feel like buying the special brush at £14. I think i might just go to MAC and try their stuff, they have a great primer for oily skin.

As for mineral makeup being more friendly for acne, or sensitive skin, my skin seems to have become worse.

sigh....

It sounds like you are putting to much on - I think. In my training they reccommended a sponge for heavier coverage, I would definetly try a brush.

I have really oily skin and have no problems with Jane Iredale, I use the Handi brush & purepressed base. I don't even need to use the primer !

I can't comment on Lily Lolo as I haven't used it but are you sure your using the correct base ?

Yes, I am sure I am using the correct powder foundation from Lily Lolo.

I even bought it at a salon. I need the extra coverage as I have less than perfect skin.

It looks great for a bit but then it just disappears.

Latest posts

Back