Miners Nail Polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
Has anybody heard of this brand of polish and in your opinion is it any good and where can it be purchased?

Tbh I've never heard of it before but have volunteered to write a review on it which will be based on my own experience of it. However was just wondering if any other geeks were familiar with it?

I used Miners years ago, I found that the only place I could get it was my local chemist. They used to do a huge range but it seems to have dwindled down to just a few things.
If you cant find it anywhere let me know and I will send you a few bottles from my local chemist (surprisingly they still do it)

Thanks for your quick replies. I have just applied my first coat so will see how it goes. Don't know how 'young' you are Sandi, but if it's been around for years then it make me feel a bit delapidated, lol. I thought I was reviewing something new and modern :lol:.

Thanks for the offer Slipperyangel, but I have been sent a couple of bottles :hug:.

Miners was a big name in the 60's ... good grief that has brought back memories!! They were quite avant guard with funky colours never seen before like green and blue and yellow ... very Mary Quant ....

Miners, now there's a blast from the past!

I used to use their black kohl pencil as eyeliner, and it was fab :green:

hey tracy you can start a new career ... next stop estee lauder youth dew :lol:, lol

sorry i have never heard of miners , but things can alway make a come back... look at flares and platform shoes , :lol:

Unfortunately I remember Miners, flares and platform shoes!

ooooo, my favourite Miners colour was "Catch a Crab". I was inconsolable when the brand disappeared!
In the 80's I wore nothing but Helena Rubenstein lip colour. I could buy this from Boots in Salisbury - fancy that!

I don't know about their nail polish....but I certainly wore their blue eyeshadow in the
70's!!
I used to peruse the Miners make up in Woolworths every Saturday, after buying whatever single I loved that week.

Note: a single is a 45rpm record.

Further Note: a record is a vynl disc with a recording of music on it!! The forerunner of the CD.

I don't know about their nail polish....but I certainly wore their blue eyeshadow in the
70's!!
I used to peruse the Miners make up in Woolworths every Saturday, after buying whatever single I loved that week.

Note: a single is a 45rpm record.

Further Note: a record is a vynl disc with a recording of music on it!! The forerunner of the CD.
LMAO Isabel, half of the site members probably wouldn't know vinyl if it slapped them about the face, let alone what a 45 was :lol:
You've put a smile on my face this morning :green: (Even though I feel mega old lol)

Not as old as me who was still playing 78's until a couple of years ago. I still maintain it's the best way to listen to Billie Holiday, with a glass of whisky and a young, firm bod under crisp white linen sheets.
Ahem.

My Mum wore Miners polish when I was little! I'd forgotten all about it until this topic and then instantly remembered the very bright orangy coral creme colour she wore for a while in the 70's.

Well thank you all so much for your contributions. I am PMSL and thinking I should have titled this thread 'Back to the 60's/70's' :lol: by the look of your replies.

Thank you. x

And by the way dee, Youthdew just never did it for me...... that and White Linen.... eew!

Hi, wow it does bring back memories :lol:
does anyone also remember the miners popstick a small white pearlised lippy ? we used to wear this and white nylons pop socks that went just up to your knees or pure white tights lol x
yes must agree very Mary Quant , I used thier moisturizer and came out in terrible blotches , boy it was harsh stuff I couldn't go out for days :lol:

And by the way dee, Youthdew just never did it for me...... that and White Linen.... eew!

lmao it was the only old biddy perfume that i knew of daves granma used to wear it .. god rest her , but it bloody stank :lol:, , hahah

I used Miners make up when I was a girl never wore their nail polishes though so not sure if they are any good.
Did someone mention Youth Dew :eek: My gran used to wear it and like Dee said it stank lol

I remeber using Miners nail polish as a teenager, and funnily enough our little village chemist has just installed a small Miners make up stand with about a dozen different nail polish colours.

I used to save my pocket money and go to Woolworths on a Saturday and buy the make up and nail polishes as they were affordable at the time for youngsters.

I also remember buying Rimmel as a girl (i know they are still a big name in the high street) but at the time I do remember that if you put 2 or 3 coats of polish on you could then peel it off, and at the time it was good fun, as we did'nt know any better.

OMG I do feel old now

Mollylolly xx

Latest posts

Back