Mink Lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottish_girl

Reaction score
Just a query really i use synthetic lashes in .15 .20, i ordered some mink lashes in .20 but they seem really thin compaired to the synthetic ones?

Is this right? should the seem thinner as the material is obviously softer?

Thanks in advance

no one can anwser??

hie,
i just had mine done and the lady mixed in some mink ones and i must say you are right,they seem thinner.she used b .20 Im quite new to lashing but have been getting mine done for a couple of years now ,but hopefully some more experienced geeks will know :hug:

HI,

The 0.20 relates to the thickness of the lash so, no matter which type of lash you buy, 0.20 should be 0.20.

I've found that if you buy from a reputable supplier, there is always consistency in the quality, length, curl etc. However, when I've tried cheaper suppliers it's a bit of pick and mix and you never know what you're getting!

I have pots of loose lashes and boxes of mink and they are exactly the same. eg, a 12mm 0.20 loose lash will look exactly the same if laid beside a 12mm 0.20 mink lash.

HTH
E xx

Just thought I'd gatecrash your post, I recently bought some J curl Rapid Lash Mink lashes and am a little confused with them. I too bought the 0.25 and thought they looked really thivk until I tried to get one off the strip and it split in half, is this usual for the rapid lash mink lashes to look like one lash on the strip but actually be two? Am i meant to just be more careful about getting them off the strip to keep them thick or does that mean I am sticking 2 lashes onto one natural lash? Help, thanks!:confused:

Loose lashes are made of a standard poly mix (plastic) while MINK lashes are slightly different from the loose lashes, they have a much more structured curl, flatter base and has a more polished finish. SILK lashes are more flexible, rounded at the base and slightly matt in finish. Whilst all three types are lashes are made from basicly the same ingredients they are finished differently. To the eye MINKS are thicker, then Loose lashes then SILKS.

Real MINK Fur - not to be confused with the MINKS, is a natural product and cannot be bought in different thicknesses. MINK Fur is usually about .12 to .17 in thickness.

Rapid lashes are a different type of lash - they are two .15 lashes stuck together. Therefore a different technique is required to use this lash. IMO I would not use these lashes for more than a framework as this could cause premature natural lash loss.

HTH

Francesca

Now, the thickness of the lashes is nothing, compared to the method of applying them. Usualy the cheapest way to apply lashes is to use a strip of lashes, and the most expencive way is to put individual stands.

Read more over here: eyelashes

Latest posts

Back