Minx course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surely you'd have learnt this in your mani/pedi course and I cant think of anything specific to Minx in the way of H&S that would be different from normal. I agree you should only be shown/trained by a professional and in my opinion this should be done in person not via a screen.

Did you get your £15 back against new products when you bought them or was it just £15 for the training?

Karaxxx

My course was 30 lasted almost 6hrs. It was great!

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

My course was 30 lasted almost 6hrs. It was great!

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

I realise now having read some of your other posts that you havent done your mani/pedi course yet - so I completely understand why you had to do a full training day including H&S & A&P and I also understand why your insurance company is asking for this evidence.

I would think that most people use Minx as an addition to their mani/pedi services so just need to be shown how to use it.

Well done you for going on a course to be properly trained, I guess there are many who wouldnt have been that bothered.

Karaxxx

I realise now having read some of your other posts that you havent done your mani/pedi course yet - so I completely understand why you had to do a full training day including H&S & A&P and I also understand why your insurance company is asking for this evidence.

I would think that most people use Minx as an addition to their mani/pedi services so just need to be shown how to use it.

Well done you for going on a course to be properly trained, I guess there are many who wouldnt have been that bothered.

Karaxxx

Cheers kara

Nope they wanted that as well as the mani and pedi. That was salon gold

Guys

I must say I am quite shocked by some of the responses here. If we are supposed to be professional, surely we should be trained on this?

I know it's not too complicated but to get great results, you need to be shown by those with experience.

There are an awful lot of threads in general saying people are undercutting us, especially on nails and lashes etc. etc. It is those people who have not been on proper training courses that are most likely doing the undercutting on costs.

I for one would not consider offering ANY treatment unless I have been professional trained - no matter how simple it is. You only have to have one problem and without a certificate, your insurance company might have a get out clause for not covering you.

Guys

I must say I am quite shocked by some of the responses here. If we are supposed to be professional, surely we should be trained on this?

I know it's not too complicated but to get great results, you need to be shown by those with experience.

There are an awful lot of threads in general saying people are undercutting us, especially on nails and lashes etc. etc. It is those people who have not been on proper training courses that are most likely doing the undercutting on costs.

I for one would not consider offering ANY treatment unless I have been professional trained - no matter how simple it is. You only have to have one problem and without a certificate, your insurance company might have a get out clause for not covering you.

Totally agree!!!! Great response. We are professionals and shouldn't offer the service if we haven't been fully trained

im with salon gold and i actually called them to see if my insurance covered me to sell nail wraps on a market and i was told my cert covers me for selling and applying

guys

i must say i am quite shocked by some of the responses here. If we are supposed to be professional, surely we should be trained on this?
i am a trained nail professional who is insured to do nail wraps because i hold nail enhancement certificates. So i dont have to attend a course!

i know it's not too complicated but to get great results, you need to be shown by those with experience.
if you already know how to do prep then applying the wrap is simple and there are several tutorials that can be seen and easily followed on youtube and on s2.

there are an awful lot of threads in general saying people are undercutting us, especially on nails and lashes etc. Etc. It is those people who have not been on proper training courses that are most likely doing the undercutting on costs.
you need to be carefull not to upset people saying that those who dont do courses are 'most likely the ones undercutting' - there are those who undercut, some are fully trained and some are not but undercutting is a sign of not valuing their work or not having enough 'business sense' to see they are not going to be able to maintain a business with those cheap prices - and if they stay in business they have to work twice as hard to make a decent profit.

i for one would not consider offering any treatment unless i have been professional trained - no matter how simple it is. You only have to have one problem and without a certificate, your insurance company might have a get out clause for not covering you.
it is your choice if you wish to pay for training on all treatments you do but if i have a qualification that covers me to provide the service and my insurers do not require further certificates then it is surely my choice to train or not. I am not a messer or being unprofessional by chosing not to train in things that i am covered to do with other certificates.

While training for Minx is not compulsary at S2 it is recommended, yes if your a trained nail professional you know how to PREP a nail properly and yes Minx is straight forward to apply providing you follow the correct steps, some people get it straight away while others don't!

By attending training you not only learn how to use the product but also learns hints,tips and tricks that you may not have known otherwise, I have had lots of people on training that have learnt off of colleagues and the internet and have had problems with application and longevity of service. By attending the course and learning the correct techniques it helps to overcome those problems.

At S2 head office in Leeds if you buy the complete Minx kit you will recieve free training (in Leeds) and also of course you will receive a MINX CERTIFICATE. So if your insurance company does require it you have it.
:green:

Kelly x

CND Education Ambassador
Sweet Squared

Last edited by a moderator:
While training for Minx is not compulsary at S2 it is recommended, yes if your a trained nail professional you know how to PREP a nail properly and yes Minx is straight forward to apply providing you follow the correct steps, some people get it straight away while others don't!

By attending training you not only learn how to use the product but also learns hints,tips and tricks that you may not have known otherwise, I have had lots of people on training that have learnt off of colleagues and the internet and have had problems with application and longevity of service. By attending the course and learning the correct techniques it helps to overcome those problems.

At S2 head office in Leeds if you buy the complete Minx kit you will recieve free training (in Leeds) and also of course you will receive a MINX CERTIFICATE. So if your insurance company does require it you have it.
:green:

Kelly x

CND Education Ambassador
Sweet Squared

I agree with all that you said.

I have said I am attending a Minx course BUT it is because I want to not because I have to - I am minxing so far with no problems and all is well (longevity, aplication etc.. all fine).

I was disapointed when my tutor told us we couldnt have Minx training with S2 as they wanted way too much per person and would NOT provide us with certificates so she has booked with Ellisons for the training instead and we will get certificates. I'm looking forward to the course for any hints & tips etc.. that might help me speed up aplication or anything else.

I have said I am attending a Minx course BUT it is because I want to not because I have to - I am minxing so far with no problems and all is well (longevity, aplication etc.. all fine).

Thats great I'm glad you are not having any problems and have picked it up so easily. I'm sure there are lots of professionals that wish they could pick it up as quickly but unfortunately thats not the case. Its great that although you not having problems that you are still attending the course whether or not you have to or need to! Thats my point the Training is not mandatory but is advisable (for reasons mentioned prev) and down to the professional to decide whether or not they need it, although in some cases they may need to do training to satisfy their insurance.

I was disapointed when my tutor told us we couldnt have Minx training with S2 as they wanted way too much per person and would NOT provide us with certificates so she has booked with Ellisons for the training instead and we will get certificates. I'm looking forward to the course for any hints & tips etc.. that might help me speed up aplication or anything else.

At S2 head office in Leeds if you buy the complete Minx kit you will recieve free training (in Leeds) and you will recieve a MINX CERTIFICATE.
In certain instances CND EA's have gone into colleges to provide Minx classes and I can assure you that cost per student is very reasonable. If Minx training is done by a CND EA or an Authorized S2/CND distributor then yes you will recieve a MINX CERTIFICATE after training.

Kelly x

CND Education Ambassador
Sweet Squared

Last edited:

I'm afraid as you can see, you were given the wrong information by your tutor. Perhaps you should have connected with S2 and got the correct information that Kelly has just given to you. All classes at S2 are certificated .. we know how important that is to students !

im with salon gold and i actually called them to see if my insurance covered me to sell nail wraps on a market and i was told my cert covers me for selling and applying

same here im with salon gold no need to attend a course or get certified in it as lond as got mani/pedi certificate.

I'm afraid as you can see, you were given the wrong information by your tutor. Perhaps you should have connected with S2 and got the correct information that Kelly has just given to you. All classes at S2 are certificated .. we know how important that is to students !

My tutor did ask S2 to come and train us but they quoted a high per student fee. It is not mis-information, it is fact that she was told a high per student price and we would NOT get certificates.

As a result of this my tutor looked at who else offers Minx training in Wales and contacted them for prices. Ellisons gave a good per student price and a certificate.

I know many geeks have said they dont have very good tutors in college but I am lucky and I have a great tutor who gives fab information, is great at giving us all 1-2-1 time when we need it & tries her best to get us good training in extra things - all the spray tan courses are booked with Nouvatan as they will provide great training for them at a fabulous price - they have lots of different extra courses running for us to add to our qualifications even though they dont have to do this for us. I feel that Wales is forgotten or ignored by most big name brands when it comes to training and reps - there are very few in Wales that I know of and I have looked believe me.

My tutor did ask S2 to come and train us but they quoted a high per student fee. It is not mis-information, it is fact that she was told a high per student price and we would NOT get certificates.

As a result of this my tutor looked at who else offers Minx training in Wales and contacted them for prices. Ellisons gave a good per student price and a certificate.

As I said, you were given the wrong information by your tutor. End of story.

Here is the truth of the matter.

When an Education Ambassador from S2 goes into a college (any college) to train with Minx, the charge per student is 25.00 a head and the students ALWAYS get a Genuine MINX certificate. They always have so no one at S2 would ever say differently. Very reasonable I think anyone would agree.

Ellisons charge is 78.25 inc. VAT per student if they attend a 3hr MINX demo plus hands on course at Ellisons Academy and the students get an ELLISONS ACADEMY certificate and not a MINX certificate.

Now that is it, baggybear, and if you were told differently then you were told wrongly or your college upped the price of the course for their own gain or whatever but what I have quoted is what we do at S2 .. so what you were told by your tutor and have passed on 2nd hand is completely incorrect and S2 charge far less than the other course quoted. End of discussion .. this is how S2 do things for each and every college and this is how we have done things for each and every college for some time now.

Glad you enjoyed your Ellisons Academy training after all they are a sub distributor for S2 but have their own academy and make their own charges. Perhaps your college also adds a considerable amount onto the cost of the courses but you don't give any information about what that cost actually was so I can't comment .. what I can say with full knowledge is that S2 make a charge of 25.00 per student which is reasonable in anyones book. There you go.

Geeg I could really get into it with you over the aggression in the above post. There really is no need for it. I am saying what I have been told and I believe what my tutor told me to be what she was told, I see no reason for her to say any different.

You are out of line in many things you say above and I'm quite angry on behalf of my tutor - who by the way does come on Salon Geek.

'your college upped the price of the course for their own gain' - No they didn't. They source the best training at the best price as I already stated.

'Ellisons charge is 78.25 inc. VAT per student' - we are paying £15 per student inclusive of VAT (which I had not mentioned as trade prices are not supposed to be mentioned on the site as 'the public' can see).

'Glad you enjoyed your Ellisons Academy training after all they are a sub distributor for S2 but have their own academy and make their own charges.' - I have not yet had my training it is in June.

'S2 charge far less than the other course quoted' 'a charge of 25.00 per student which is reasonable in anyones book' - NOT less than the £15 Ellisons are charging. Even if £25 each is reasonable £15 each is obviously better value.

'ELLISONS ACADEMY certificate and not a MINX certificate' - A certificate to say I trained in Minx aplication is a valid certificate, be it from S2 or Ellisons. It is not required by anyone as I am covered by insurance with other certificates.

I have tried really hard to ensure all posts are factual and to only give my opinion when I think it has a place. I refrain from goading people and I try to always be polite. You dont come accross as polite in all your posts. I have seen a few recently that you seem to be annoyed in.

I actually feel sorry for the OP as this thread has gone way off track.

I would not allow anyone to speak to me the way you have just posted and you may know what S2 do or dont do but that does not give you the right to have an attitude with me.

I do not wish to have any further discussion on this and I have no care to read any replies you may feel the need to write. I will move on from this post and look forward to my Minx course.

I hope the OP enjoys the course her college is providing should she decide to attend.

Everyone else reading, this is for you.
Anyone at all can ring Ellisons and get the price quoted that I was quoted by Ellisons. Ring them yourserlves.

The facts are the facts from me and are not second-hand and the price of Ellisons courses or college courses are not special to the trade but there for anyone to see who cares to want information re Minx courses at colleges or Ellisons.

I was not aggresive in my post unless someone wishes to see it that way. I have stated what are in fact the facts and I have just as much right as anyone to state those facts on behalf of S2 and to put right the wrong information given out here.

If because the facts dont agree with what someone has reiterated 2nd hand from someone else, that doesn't alter the facts in any way whatsoever. It's really quite simple. This is not an argument between, it is I stating S2 charges for EA's going into colleges and that are certificated MINX classes. This is the way it is; it doesn't alter.

Just wanted to say that we got offered minx training at our college for the day & that was £25 with certificate hth :) xxx

Just wanted to say that we got offered minx training at our college for the day & that was £25 with certificate hth :) xxx

Thank you!! I never tell lies, but approbation is always good. :hug:

Latest posts

Back