Minx HELP NEEDED

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lianect

Reaction score
Helloooooo,

I've been minxing since May, and clients love the results. However, I'm having problems with the little toes!!!! Twice now I have been told the little toes have come off! And they were a nightmare to do when doing them ..... weird shape etc!
So, does anyone have any tips please? I'm in need of saving my minx rep!! :)

Thank you so much.

Liane xx

Hi

ive had the same problem and im sure ive read on here somewhere about gluing them on with nail glue, HTH

I've tried nail glue too but it does not last as long as it should on some unshapely little toes.

My little toes are awful they are almost triangular so I always choose a minx that allows me just to paint my little toe.

Some tips from someone to combat this problem would be much appreciated though x

I make sure here is no cuticle on the tiny toe ( i know very difficult but I try anyway) make sure the piece is well floppy and if absolutly necessary shellac it!!!

I stick it on the awkward littlens as best I can and blob a bit of lumos top coat on and press and hold for a minute so it dries in place a bit, then once they've cooled and trimmed off excess I apply a bit more on to be safe! I always tell clients if they have teeny pinkies to watch out as there's not much for the minx to grab on to! Xx

I think its all down to getting the cuticle off which can sometimes cover the whole nail plate on the little toe i have found. My little toe nails are tiny and really tricky to minx but if i get all the cuticle off it goes on and stays on for ages.

I'm having Same problems & thought it was just me. I always ensure all cuticle is gone & even keep little toe longer, but still no luck. May try the nail glue option!

I always cut it to the nail. I dont use the minx file on the little toes.

What I do is apply extra cuticle away and then go onto the next foot for prep. Then I go back to first foot and get the cuticle off again. Then I repeat the prep on the other little toe. I often find feet need a double prep on all toes to get it all off. However even of they dont need double prep the whole foot I always do a double prep on the little toe, every time! I have once had a client lose both little toes. Went back to see her, re prepped, and loads more came off. It realy is like you think it is part of the toe nail but actualy is a massive lump of cuticle. I am yet to have a client lose any toes since I did this. Also make sure you are removing all the cuticle away with soapy water spray and then lots of scrubfresh. Hope this helps. Make sure you are using a sharp metal cuticle tool as well.

Ok with the applicaltion on the little toe, I always cut it to the size of the toe as best I can and then use my clippers and scissors to get it on excactly right even of the toe is a funny shape. I never file the toes anyway I use scissors and clippers. Make sure there is absolutely no minx touching the skin at all even if this means cutting the minx to the funny shape of the little toes, and make sure there is a tiny margin that is not touching the skin. x

Last edited:
Thanks girls!! X

I'm now finding that keeping the little toe nail longer, by quite a bit works well. Sometimes (on myself) I apply Minx then cut my toenails & it lasts for 5 weeks!

i think with the little toes they are rarely lovely and flat which the minx likes! if they are uneven and bumpy like most little toes then they wont adhere as well as the lovely flat big toe! all you can to is trial and error. glue, top coat etc. hth

Have you tried taking the shine off the little toe nail, this will make surface more flatter and help adhesive stick. Just a thought.

If the Lil toes nails are really small I just paint them the same colour as the Minx. I just explain to my clients that the Minx don't really stay on that well and they r happy for me to paint them! You don't really see your Lil toes so u can get away with it. hth xx

Latest posts

Back