minx lamp bulb

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abicrunch

Reaction score
Would love to try minx but dont want to have to buy a new lamp because of the bulb. Was thinking that the minx bulb would fit in my table lamp that fixes to my table at the moment. It looks the same as the old minx lamp on s2. Does anyone know or would you be able to measure the circumference of the bulb so I can see if it will fit in my lamp. Mine is also a screw in bulb. I dont see the point in having 2 lamps stuck to my table just because of the bulb. Many thanks. Ax

just bumping this up. Any one have any idea. Ax

Hi there,
Minx lamps or other infra red lamps are fitted with a special heat proof cable and housing. The infra red bulb emits heat from the front and from the back too. Normal lamp housing and cable will melt after a while and you could end up with sparks.
Not an ideal situation to be in, when in front of a client.

Just my thoughts xxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek
Ruth Fordham

Hi there,
Minx lamps or other infra red lamps are fitted with a special heat proof cable and housing. The infra red bulb emits heat from the front and from the back too. Normal lamp housing and cable will melt after a while and you could end up with sparks.
Not an ideal situation to be in, when in front of a client.

Just my thoughts xxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek
Ruth Fordham

Totally agree. Not worth the risk. Summer is coming and you will be busy with minx so you will
Make the money back.

Nail designer with a twist;)

hi, thank you for all your replys. I didnt know this, so thank you for making me aware, I wont risk this, just thought it was not only a cheaper option, but saves having 2 lamps attached to my desk. I will go and check out the minx lamps now from s2. Many thanks. Ax

Latest posts

Back