Minx lamp on e-bay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachells

Reaction score
Dose anyone know where you can buy this lamp from (a professional sight)
Not sure how to put a link in but the number on e-bay was -230510813129
It looks alot smaller than the one i got from s2. However i thought s2 was the uk place to buy from, have i missed something?
PS i would not buy it from there, just curious.

Please not another Lamp and ebay thread.:irked:
You are correct sweet squared are the uk distributors for the authentic infa red lamp for doing Minx.
It boggles my mind why people try to save a buck by hitting E-bay
Why waste money buying what may not be the real deal from ebay.
Ebay may have its uses for nail art bits but to buy professional tools and products its a no go area.
Support your local distributors.
This isnt a response to you per say but for others who may read tis thread and think ooooooooo Ebay great idea! It really isn't guys.
Jen xx

I would not buy from there as i said, just wanted to make sure i was right in thinking s2 was the only place to buy from as i had not seen this lamp in there shop. (was only in the shop yesturday, would of asked them if i had seen it before)

Just to be fair, this person is actually trying to avoid buying off ebay. :hug:

With that said we also have to remember that the Minx lamps is NOT vital for the lasting of Minx. I have chosen to buy the Minx lamp because it fit to my pedicure arrangement, but I have another lamp with a heating- bulb for when I do fingers, which is rare.

Minx need heat and not anything else (well a good PEP LOL) so if you ca find a lamp, who can stand the heat of the bulbs (need a specially designed one) and you make sure the wattage of the bulb is sufficient to give enough heat, then there should be no problem. But not many lamps can, so buying one that can often means the same prize AND size as the Minx lamp itself, so even if it's not totally needed it will probably be but easier and cheaper to buy the Minx lamp.

Last edited:
Please not another Lamp and ebay thread.:irked:
You are correct sweet squared are the uk distributors for the authentic infa red lamp for doing Minx.
It boggles my mind why people try to save a buck by hitting E-bay
Why waste money buying what may not be the real deal from ebay.
Ebay may have its uses for nail art bits but to buy professional tools and products its a no go area.
Support your local distributors.
This isnt a response to you per say but for others who may read this thread and think ooooooooo Ebay great idea! It really isn't guys.
Jen xx

In my post I wasnt accusing the original poster of anything just a warning for others who may read the thread.
I myself have a small portable phillips infa red lamp as the minx lamp is too big for me and I already have a large lamp attatched to my nail desk, as long as the wattage of the bulb is good enough then the minx will work, My lamp is the same wattage as the minx lamp but in a smaller housing if that makes sense.
Jen xx
Afterall you can apply minx with a hairdryer:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I did read the whole post, I was just surprised at your post, as this is one of the things where you COULD buy from ebay. (not sure if you would save a penny though)

I have seen the latest threads about lamps and ebay, but in those we are talking about uv-lamps where it's very important to know that it is the genuine one. But this is not a professional tool like a uv-lamp, products etc. where there is specific uses, but rather like tables, tip-boxes etc., so I thought that it was overreacting just a little bit, as the "rant" wasn't justified in this case:hug:

I hope I have worded myself correctly and that I cause no offense to you, I'm not trying too, just trying to explain my post:hug:

I did read the whole post, I was just surprised at your post, as this is one of the things where you COULD buy from ebay. (not sure if you would save a penny though)

I have seen the latest threads about lamps and ebay, but in those we are talking about uv-lamps where it's very important to know that it is the genuine one. But this is not a professional tool like a uv-lamp, products etc. where there is specific uses, but rather like tables, tip-boxes etc., so I thought that it was overreacting just a little bit, as the "rant" wasn't justified in this case:hug:

I hope I have worded myself correctly and that I cause no offense to you, I'm not trying too, just trying to explain my post:hug:

Aw :hug: no offence taken and no offence meant. Hope I didnt offend you either hun it is hard to word things without them sometimes souding confrontational.

The only problem I have is Ebay electrical goods from there can be a bit dodgy too.
Infared lamps can cause quite nasty burns if not used properly or have the correct safety features on them.
The Minx lamp from S2 has the cage over the bulb which stops you getting too close to the clients skin.
I always think electrical goods regardless of if for professional use or personal use should be brought from recomended dealers, shops etc iykwim.

I just checked that number on ebay and I have to say thats the first time I have seen thats style minx lamp. Maybe its a new design I would ring and ask S2 on Monday. The old minx lamp was really big and bulky maybe it is being replaced with this new style.
OO and that person is also selling Shellac, no scruples.

:hug: Jen xxxx

Last edited:
I just checked that number on ebay and I have to say thats the first time I have seen thats style minx lamp. Maybe its a new design I would ring and ask S2 on Monday. The old minx lamp was really big and bulky maybe it is being replaced with this new style.

:hug: Jen xxxx[/QUOTE]

I was in the she shop in leeds on friday and did not see it, thats why i was asking about the lamp, in case i missed it. I have the one s2 sell, but find it a pain to carry round but i would not replace it with something i know nothing about.

:hug: Jen xxxx

I was in the she shop in leeds on friday and did not see it, thats why i was asking about the lamp, in case i missed it. I have the one s2 sell, but find it a pain to carry round but i would not replace it with something i know nothing about.[/QUOTE]

I dont blame you hun, could be the new one but without speaking to S2 I wouldnt have a clue, also I wouldn't line that persons pockets, they are selling our shellac on there how very dare they! No wonder its hard to get hold off when kn***rs like that are lining their own pockets.:mad:
XXXXXX

I was in the she shop in leeds on friday and did not see it, thats why i was asking about the lamp, in case i missed it. I have the one s2 sell, but find it a pain to carry round but i would not replace it with something i know nothing about.

I dont blame you hun, could be the new one but without speaking to S2 I wouldnt have a clue, also I wouldn't line that persons pockets, they are selling our shellac on there how very dare they! No wonder its hard to get hold off when kn***rs like that are lining their own pockets.:mad:
XXXXXX[/QUOTE]

I agree, ebay should not be allowed to allow these people to sell these product's on there.

Just searched google for black minx lamp and guess what s2 do have a black one product number 115-80-010 might have to add that to my shellac order when base coat comes in!

Just searched google for black minx lamp and guess what s2 do have a black one product number 115-80-010 might have to add that to my shellac order when base coat comes in!

Yay Glad you found one chick.
you will have to let me know if you order it I will ask you q's about it. may even get one myself as its a lot smaller xxx

Yay Glad you found one chick.
you will have to let me know if you order it I will ask you q's about it. may even get one myself as its a lot smaller xxx

Will be checking the plastic in the am to see i can afford it yet:):hug:

I totally get your point:hug: I haven't bought that much electrical stuff from ebay, often it's to expensive, so never had problems with what I bought in regards to the electric side (omg so hard to explain) Glad you understood my post hun xx

Cannot believe it was a genuine minx lamp, then it would be a professional product and I wouldn't buy from ebay (if stolen or likewise) and to be selling shellac,lost for words...

So glad for you if you found it at S2, that way you would know it's the real thing...

If it is a bendy black one then it could be the new one, I've seen it in the flesh, and I Want !!!! Apparently it is extreeeeemly hot ! And about 50! Pounds more than the orginal one, it would be much easier for mobile use and looks pretty cool too, am on my phon e at the moment so please excuse my type and dash lol

I have also seen the new lamp and to be perfectly honest I don't think it is going to work as good or as easily as the original one.
It isn't as flexible as the day light one it will restrict you especially when doing toes.
I love my lamp and wouldn't be without it why change something if it works :)

Just looking at getting into Minx (need to wait until NVQ cert comes through as only finished course last week - so can't get any stock from S2 :(

The seller referred to on ebay - seems to have quite a lot of CND/Minx stock and wonder if/how he's connected to S2. Either that or it's someone misusing their account. They're selling sheets of Minx for £12!!! :idea: But I guess it's like anything that's new and popular - where's there's demand!!

Hi there, Due to a slight change in my nail work, I have a minx lamp for sale if anyone is interested. £50.00. I live in Cleckheaton Bradford. Tel:01274 871493

love
Carol Cottage NAils/Beauty:)

Just looking at getting into Minx (need to wait until NVQ cert comes through as only finished course last week - so can't get any stock from S2 :(

The seller referred to on ebay - seems to have quite a lot of CND/Minx stock and wonder if/how he's connected to S2. Either that or it's someone misusing their account. They're selling sheets of Minx for £12!!! :idea: But I guess it's like anything that's new and popular - where's there's demand!!

Tbh this always happens,infact my sil told me today the twenty quid introductory offer i have on minx is too expensive:eek: and she's gonna buy them from ebay for fifteen and do her own.

I said crack on sweetie :rolleyes: i remeber when you dyed your hair red and it went orange.

You see the point is they can buy them,but not apply them like a professional ,S2 are always on the ball so i wouldn't even worry about it :hug:

Latest posts

Back