Minx lifting at the free edge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenny2

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have had a play with my minx today and my friend has texted me to say they are lifting at the free edge. Does any one no why this has occured, also she is a sun bed user, but has not been on since the lifting, will this effect the minx xxx

are they over natural nails or enhancements...?

It could be that you may have overstretched the Minx over the free edge prior to filing. Also it is important to take the nails away from the heat source and allow to cool for approx 30 secs before filing, otherwise you will experience excessive shrinkage that could lead to lifting of the free edge.

It was done on the natural nail. She had very little free edge to be able to get a covering on the free edge and i filed once cooled xxx:green:

It could be that not enough heat was used in the application. I've been informed that this is the most important part of the process and that most problems that occur with Minx will be as a result of not enough heat being used. Sweet Squared have now sourced a heat lamp and I understand tha they will be available for purchase shortly.

Once the nails have been cooled and filed did you apply pressure to the free edge and the side walls. This is important in order to create an airtight seal. Another important factor is how you file the free edge and this can be difficult with a short nails. When filing do not go over the top of the nail as this will definitely cause premature shrinkage and possibly lifting.

I have found that it is normal for Minx to shrink 1mm back from the free edge, this tends to occur after a few days of wear and is hardly noticable and does not detract from the overall look of the nails.

Latest posts

Back