Minx or Kooky?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracys Beauty

Serenity Beauty Boutique
Reaction score
Hello I have recently done shellac training and gelish and was also thinking of adding minx or kooky to my treatment list,

Minx will be more of an outlay with the lamp but kooky will be cheaper as you don't need a lamp,

I got 2 packs of kooky and it seemed ok on my daughter,

I will go on a training course but would like to choose the best one so any advice would be good

Tracy x

I say Minx all the way x

I love both! I find kooky last just as long as minx. I buy both not just because kookys are cheaper but because of their lovely designs and super fast delivery :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Thanks for the replys another question can you use a gel top at over them to help them last longer??

Sorry to jump on here but who manufacturers kooky wraps? I've searched and not found anything and never heard of them before.

Nail harmony are the manufacturers of kooky x

Thank you. Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow now lol

Sorry to jump on here but who manufacturers kooky wraps? I've searched and not found anything and never heard of them before.

The beauty partnership are I think and nail harmony distribute them.

Kookys are from the beauty partnership x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

kookys are amazing no heat or lamp requierd - have had mine on for 7 weeks now and they're still perfect

love the simplicity of them

re the gel top coat question - you dont need it they last that well

I use and love both, but I find I can get more sets from a pack of Kooky because they are longer. You can get two big toes from one of the biggest Kooky wraps. Eventually, I think I may switch totally to Kooky because Minx have become a little too expensive and (because I only do it on toes) I get too much wastage. I know others have said before you can put it on sideways or in strips, but that can only be done with certain designs.

HND wraps are also worth looking at. They seem the same to me as Kooky but they are a bit cheaper.

Last edited:
I don't waste any minx at all!! I recently bought some kookys to try and they seem to be lasting well on my toes so far. I do love that everyone knows the minx brand though and they do have a larger range of designs. I think I'm going to be sticking with minx to be honest. X

Could someone please explain how kooky wraps are applied to the nail bed? What kit is needed?

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Anyone? Really interested in using these wraps now after reading this thread and a few others. Just want to know what equipment is needed and is training really needed? Or do most insurance companies insure you because you hold a Manicure and Pedicure certificate? Thank you

You'll have to speak to your own insurance company with regards cover. If you sign up for a Beauty Partnership or Hand and Nail Harmony account, all the kits and info is on there. You don't need heat to apply Kooky, unlike Minx.

I have found Kooky and Minx to have the same staying power and same quality. I havn't used enough of either to see how many sets I get. Although I have got two sets, plus a ring finger on each hand out of one set of Minx so far.

So really all i need is my cuticle pusher, kooky wraps and a file?

Anyone? Really interested in using these wraps now after reading this thread and a few others. Just want to know what equipment is needed and is training really needed? Or do most insurance companies insure you because you hold a Manicure and Pedicure certificate? Thank you

I'm not to sure as I haven't done training but I have just ordered my minx kit and will be booking on to the minx training to find out, I don't think you need training but it's worth it to make sure you are doing it ok,

Hi I recently posted about which wrap to use kooky or minx and have gone with minx and will be booking training on the 16th June with justine, I ordered the new maxi minx kit and a few extra bits, I can't wait until it comes then I can have a play,

A quick question what do you charge for minx and do you charge extra if you use shellac top coat and how much for just big toes with minx and the rest shellac(not such a quick question after all lol)

Tracy x

Last edited by a moderator:
I am wanting to change my insurance company this month when my insurance expires so will ask then if i need to do the course!

I am wanting to change my insurance company this month when my insurance expires so will ask then if i need to do the course!

Doing the course is not just about insurance. It will help you to know that your application is correct and iron out problems you may have. You only need to read though threads on here to find out that most people who have problems with gel polish, enhancements, wraps etc. have problems because they haven't done the relevant training. The course for the wraps are very cheap and worth the money, plus you get a certificate for your salon.

Latest posts

Back