Minx or Kooky?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't mean to make that post sound like I wasn't bothered about training! Where does kooky training? I live in yorkshire. I've had a look but can't find much on it really.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

I didn't mean to make that post sound like I wasn't bothered about training! Where does kooky training? I live in yorkshire. I've had a look but can't find much on it really.

try the beauty partnership as they sell the kooky range. I know Gina at Entity Beauty in Leeds does Kooky training, and in answer to your question:

Prep nail plate as you would for acrylics then apply kooky wrap, you dont need any heat with them.

my first ever post on here!! yay!!! I personally prefer the designs of minx but agree there does seem a lot of wastage. I dont use a lamp for application, on the course i was shown to use a mini hairdryer which you can get from sallys. I did also try sheekee on the course which were good as they were double ended so less waste but i have struggled to buy them online. Like i say my preference is definately minx but look into what people are using in your area and how much you can charge to see which is most cost effective. hope that helps hun and good luck xxxx

I believe sheekee are now trendy wraps

I echo JuicyLucy re the training. I have no issues Minxing or Kookying myself, but when I tried to Minx my friend, her toes threw me all sorts of challenges. These situations and trouble shooting will be part of your training.

Do kooky last ok on nail enhancements? had problems with Minx lasting on them before, was wondering what kooky were like :)

http://www.salongeek.com/showthread.php?p=1548708
When I rang babtac, they said you needed to do the minx training to be insured for minx but as the kookys don't need the lamp then you are insured of you have your mani/pedi certificate.
The people who are using both minx and kooky, are you charging different prices? I've got some kookys to try but didn't know if they should be cheaper than my minx or the same? XX

Not sure what I did there! Was trying to quote someone!

you dont specify where in yorkshire you are but p4b training in doncaster do a course using minx kooky and sheekee so you could try them all and then decide which you prefer xxx

Sent from my GT-S5570 using SalonGeek

I am in north yorkshire. Thank you for that! X

I am in north yorkshire. Thank you for that! X

no probs hunny. hope you get sorted xxx

Sent from my GT-S5570 using SalonGeek

Me again! I was meaning to ask how you go about getting the right wraps in stock for what your clients want?
As it will obviously be impossible to have them all in at once. How do your clients choose in time for you to get them? Thanks

Me again! I was meaning to ask how you go about getting the right wraps in stock for what your clients want?
As it will obviously be impossible to have them all in at once. How do your clients choose in time for you to get them? Thanks

When I first started I bought a few that I liked and thought would be popular and did myself n a few friends to get some interest. Then when people asked for minx I said they could look at the few ive got or I could order one in specially for them. I don't mind doing this as they all add to my collection and people who want them doing there n then just choose from the ones I've built up! Hth x

Ps, I put all the minx designs on my Facebook page so people can choose and let me know. It will only take a couple of days for your order to arrive so you will have to just build that in to when they can have their appt! I've never had a prob as most people book in advance x

Ps, I put all the minx designs on my Facebook page so people can choose and let me know. It will only take a couple of days for your order to arrive so you will have to just build that in to when they can have their appt! I've never had a prob as most people book in advance x

Brilliant! Thanks chick! I've ordered a handful of kooky to have a go with, do some sets and take photos of to let people know i will be using them. Trying to find somewhere near me that offers training. X x

Sorry to go off the original subject slightly, but can I ask the Kooky users: do you find that they are better for use in the heat (e.g when the client is going on holiday) than Minx since the Kooky are not a heat activated product? I had bad experiences on holiday with my Minx coming off in the heat last year and am wondering if Kooky's might be the way to go for holidays etc

Sorry to go off the original subject slightly, but can I ask the Kooky users: do you find that they are better for use in the heat (e.g when the client is going on holiday) than Minx since the Kooky are not a heat activated product? I had bad experiences on holiday with my Minx coming off in the heat last year and am wondering if Kooky's might be the way to go for holidays etc

I have had Minx on holiday and Kooky on holiday, so have many of my clients. Neither product has come off in the heat. Something else must have affected them in your case. Did you use insect repellent on holiday?

Personally, I apply Kooky in the same way I apply Minx i.e. with my Minx heat lamp, I just find them easier to apply that way.

Sorry to ask again but didn't get an answer before!! Do people charge the same for the kookys as minx or do you do them cheaper? I've always done minx but have recently purchased some kookys which I want to offer as well but wasn't sure how to market and price them alongside my minx. X

I charge the same for Kooky as Minx, I can get more sets from a sheet of Kooky and think the quality of the product is just as high and lasts the same. Clients are paying for the service. I tell them which brand they are having. Everyone chooses on style and not brand in my salon.

Thank you. That's brill. X

Minx all the way :) x

I use kooky and love them. I do heat them though with a hairdryer. I got a scissors, buffer, hairdryer and 10 different designs in my pack when I did my training.

Latest posts

Back