Minx peeling after 2 days

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annasmum

Reaction score
I am sooo bummed. I did a minx on superlong nails on Saturday. Client had a fill done somewhere else and came straight to me. I applied the minx same as always and they looked fab when she left. She just texted me telling me the are coming up on the free edge which in her case was really long. Any idea what could have gone wrong? Also should I offer a free do over? I am so gutted. Never have problems when I do them on toes. I did warn her that they don't last as well on hands but two days is ridiculous

The only time minx have not lasted on fingers in my experience is when they are scratchers(causing it to peel back from the free edge), have hands in water a lot, or if over stretched when applied. I did them on myself ages ago and when pulling taut I pulled them too much which caused them to shrink back and peel at the free edge after being filed. I have found with the fingers I have minxed that they last longer on shorter nails IMOE!
I wouldnt myself re do for free as they are not designed for the longevity of the toes due to wear etc. Did you advise the client of how long to expect them to last and that it is upto x days? I always say they are an occaision treatment and that I can not guarantee the length of time they last as it is down to there after care. The ones I have done have lasted upto 10 days, the least being 2 (the scratcher). Not sure but maybe if they were applied over enhancements that may be a cause?? I'm not sure as I have only ever applied to the natural nails.

If you want to redo them, maybe offer them at cost??? hth's:hug:

Last edited:
I've only ever done them on active length natural nail clients in the past. When this new client came in I kind of new it would be trouble. She walked out with great looking nails but some of them have now got creases and are peeling at the edge. It's only been 48 hours. She has not done dishes or done anything. Been super careful she says. I usually get around 10 days on natural nails. I didn't have enough finger minx so used toe ones. Could it be that I overstretched? But the the creases on the free edge? They weren't there when she left.

The sad pics are in my albums under minx together with the shot I took on Saturday.

Last edited:
Are these before pics,or since she has experienced problems hun ?

I ask as i can see bumps ,theses are bubbles and creases which would mean the minx wasn't ahered to the nail ??

Did you keep the hand under heat while applying the minx ?

That said,due to the length of the nail being impractical,i wouldn't expect them to last too much longer on this client

hth's x

I tell my clients that if they want them on their fingers they will only last about 3 days at the most.
As Minx is applied with Heat and Pressure any kind of friction will cause them to heat therefore cause them to lift and peel.
Even putting their hands in their pockets can cause heat and pressure.

Toes are completely different as the are not getting the same abuse our fingers get day to day.
I will do minx on fingers but make it very clear to the client that the chances of them getting a week with them looking perfect is very slim.
:hug:

Client had a fill done somewhere else and came straight to me.

OK long shot , and it probaly is what the others said but ...........
as the client had just had infills done some where else could the enhancements product have been having exsessive shrinking and as the minx was sat on top it showed the effects ? if you see what I mean.
(only thinking this after seeing the photos)

OK long shot , and it probaly is what the others said but ...........
as the client had just had infills done some where else could the enhancements product have been having exsessive shrinking and as the minx was sat on top it showed the effects ? if you see what I mean.
(only thinking this after seeing the photos)

I think that's a very valid point,and definitely a possible cause if this hasn't happened before .....

Good thinking Mizzy .. not sure as shrinkage is minimal even when excessive if you know what I mean .. however all the crinkles down the sides of the product have sure been caused by something as I can't see this amount of buckling in the original pictures taken of the Minx. Something either done to the nail or on the nail at the time of application has caused major breakdown and they look trashed. Personally I would re-do once and once only and make sure everything is done right .. warming the nails and the Minx (so many leave out warming the surface of the nails) and making sure the surface is absolutely clean and dry.

Thank you guys I have already put an order in for some designs for her. I am at a loss as to what happened. I spoke to her on the phone and will redo them as soon as poss.

Latest posts

Back