Minx & Solar Oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celebalook

Reaction score
Hi all
I do quite a bit of Minx and i am just wondering do any of you put solar oil on afterwards over the cuticle? am nervous to do this incase it goes under the Minx and lifts it, i have never had any problems with Minx or my Minx clients please advice xx

bumping up
16 visits and no advice :(

I always do, no probs for me x

Thx BBk
reassurance is all i needed :D

No worries, if your minx is adhered well to the nail plate it will be fine. I oil them straight after and recommend my clients oil them too. Been doing so since Jan and clients getting a good 6 weeks out of them xx

The way that Solar Oil is formulated it will penetrate through the Minx down into the nail plate layers keeping them hydrated and flexible so keeping it in great condition.
You should recommend that your clients are using Solar Oil daily even with Minx on.
Hths :hug:

The way that Solar Oil is formulated it will penetrate through the Minx down into the nail plate layers keeping them hydrated and flexible so keeping it in great condition.
You should recommend that your clients are using Solar Oil daily even with Minx on.
Hths :hug:

Is minx porous then? Just i was told that solar oil can't penetrate it hence why nails are normally dehydrated after removal... Have I been told wrong? If it can penetrate it I will make sure my clients religiously oil as after a few sets of minx I'm finding they need a break Xxx

I thaught that solar oil penetrated the nail plate buy getting into the tiny gaps at the sides of the nails and seeping throught underneath. Didnt reaslise that it went through the minx. I find that minx does dry toe nails out after prolonged use. But as my clients dont tend to have it done through the winter, unless its an office party or something, then that gives the nails a chance to get back to normal. I always encourage solar oil for all aspects of nail care but I think feet get forgotten alot of the time. x

This may be one for Geeg lol xx

Interested to hear if it does penetrate minx although I wouldn't have thought so.

This is all good advice for me too :). Solar oil on order :smack:

Ok I should have worded this differently but I replied in bait of a hurry between clients :grr: , Solar Oil will not perpetrate through the Minx but will manage to get through the areas round the side walls and cuticle areas.
This will keep the natural nail hydrated and flexible your clients should be using Solar Oil at least once a day to keep their Minx and nails in great condition :wink2:

Ok I should have worded this differently but I replied in bait of a hurry between clients :grr: , Solar Oil will not perpetrate through the Minx but will manage to get through the areas round the side walls and cuticle areas.
This will keep the natural nail hydrated and flexible your clients should be using Solar Oil at least once a day to keep their Minx and nails in great condition :wink2:

my solar oils is ordered! :Grope: x

I did minx on someone with nail extentions, i wasnt sure it would work or not then i put oil on afterwards and they all peeled off. The person who did our training then told me that i cant use solar oil on minx! So i dont know now im to scaired to put it on incase it ruins my work! :-s

I always oil my minx after application never had any problems yet!

I used solar oil when I first started doing minx (could of been I wasnt very good then lol) and they lifted on 2 sets. I dont use it now on aplication but always sell them a small bottle and tell clients after a couple of days apply daily xx

Latest posts

Back