Minx take off abnormality??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LashesinWonder

Reaction score
Hello geeks.

I am new to MINX and started to apply them about a month ago. I had my MINX training with CND so i am fully aware of the prep steps before applying. I have done a few clients and as of yet no one has wanted me to remove them as they are all going strong! So i thought i would practice the take off on myself. I warmed them up slightly and peeled them off slowly and carefully. They did come off very easily too. But i was suprised at the state of my nails beneath! :eek:

They are white and scaley. I ran my fingernail over them as i thought it may be glue residue left behing but no it was definaltely dry scaley damaged nails. Obviously i am now terrified that when i take off others that they will have the same issue! I wondered if this was normal? My partner cannot see any difference or a problem with my toe nails but being a nail techy and knowing myself i can see it a mile off!!

Would love it if you could shed some light. Last thing i want to do is upset any of my clients either! :cry:

Fran x

Attachments

• Toe nail.jpg
    Toe nail.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 4,325
Have you been applying Solar Oil each day? x

I would heat the Minx a little longer before you remove it the next time.. it looks like the Minx just wasn't ready to come off as it wasn't warm enough and it has taken a layer of your nail off with it.

As Claireh has said, it's important to apply Solar Oil, as any product that's on the Nails for a long period of time will cause the Nails to dry out and as Minx last for weeks and weeks, it's inevitable they'll be dry if Solar Oil isn't used on a regular basis (Twice a day is what is recommended)

HTH :hug:

You need to peel the Minx off from side wall to side wall - if removed from cuticle to free edge or free edge to cuticle you can remove some layers of the nail plate accidentally.

You should be putting solar oil on daily when the Minx is on to eliminate the white bits you describe (dehydration). To fix the white bits apply solar oil frequently and the nail will rehydrate and get back to looking 'normal' again quickly, they will return to normal without the solar oil but it will take a lot longer.

To fix the tiny ridges you described - a light buff of the nails and they should smooth out again.

HTH

My nails look exactly the same as this after removing minx. I apply solar oil twice daily and always remove after a bath and under minx lamp! I never re minx, I always shellac in between minxing and my nails are always fine for the next time x

Hi, thanks very much for the replies and advice. :)

I was concerned it was a fungal nail infection. I have applied solar oil but not every day. I am now worrying about my clients as they do not have solar oil...what should i advise them to do? I tried to get my mitts on the solar oil minis from CND but sadly they are sold out ... well last time i looked :|

I will heat the MINX longer when i go to take them off. Thanks so much for helping!! I was panicking to say the least lol. Hoping this solves the problem.

Any ideas what i should do with my nails now? i wont apply MINX at this stage but is it unadvisable to apply Shellac?

:green: xxxx

Just seen the rest of your posts....

Thankyou!! Lots of good advice :green: Will be putting Shellac on for now. Going to try out rockstar nails for the first time then....very exciting!!!

Glad to hear im not the only one who had this problem. Thanks Claire-X :hug:

xxx

Oil doesn't actually penetrate Minx although daily application is a must.

Have a look at Doug Schoon's brain. He explains what this is. It isn't an infection nor real dehydration. More heat will def help as will a light buff and a good oil soak.

No the solar oil does not penetrate the Minx but it does get to the nail plate via the gaps at cuticle and side walls & from the surounding skin & will help to hydrate the nail. It definatley does reduce the white marks left upon removal of Minx if applied regularly throughout the life of Minx.

I have removed and reaplied Minx on my self and clients constantly and before using solar oil I would see lots of white marks but since getting the solar oil and retailing it to my clients I am seeing less and less of the white marks and those who remove the Minx themselves and then apply the solar oil say the nails return to 'normal' very quickly.

so I thought I'd comment so I can find this thread again as this is fantastic to be aware of what could happen.

Hope y'all don't mind me doing this ;)

so I thought I'd comment so I can find this thread again as this is fantastic to be aware of what could happen.

Hope y'all don't mind me doing this ;)

You can subscribe to a thread by clicking thread tools and then click subscribe to thread.

Then to find it later, just click settings at the top of the page ... you can also get e mail alerts if you like and can see each time someone posts on the thread.

Sorry we've gone off track a little, but I'm sure no one will mind :)

Thanks baggy bear and mum. Will have a look now :)

Will be pampering my tooties tomorrow lol xx

Latest posts

Back