MINX - your experiences

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisyMae

Reaction score
Hey Geeks,

I was wondering what experiences do you have with Minx - how long does it last?

If you do a search on Minx you will be able to read of different folks' experience.

On my toes Minx lasted until they had to be replaced because of growth!! 5-6 weeks

On fingers naturally the time is shorter depending on the level someone uses them (just like enhancements). Typical lasting time is about 2-3 weeks ... some go longer but this is not typical.

I minxed my toes on sunday and they are still going strong despite my bad application (think i need glasses!) and very hot bath water :) x

I minxed my toes on sunday and they are still going strong despite my bad application (think i need glasses!) and very hot bath water :) x

sorry i meant the sunday before this sunday just gone :smack:
x

I did search but to many pages show up so I guess I just get lost in it.
Thank you for your answers.

I did minx on my nail enhancements and they lasted two weeks, i think they would of lasted longer but due to the growth of my nails i needed to do an infill. x

I have had my toe Minx on for 4 weeks now. Lucky for me my nails grow slow.
The first lot of finger Minx lasted me 3 weeks. I then put on the silver which lasted a week. I had to take them off as they were looking a bit shabby. I don't think the silver stays looking nice as long as the rest xxx

I have had my toe Minx on for 4 weeks now. Lucky for me my nails grow slow.
The first lot of finger Minx lasted me 3 weeks. I then put on the silver which lasted a week. I had to take them off as they were looking a bit shabby. I don't think the silver stays looking nice as long as the rest xxx

I'm sorry that was your experience but it is not a good idea to generalize.

Silver and gold Minx are THE most popular selling designs and Samantha has worn both for weeks and weeks and 6 weeks on her toes!!

There is no reason apart from maybe not so good an application or abusing them, why the silver and gold would not last just as long as any other Minx designs.

I'm sorry that was your experience but it is not a good idea to generalize.

Silver and gold Minx are THE most popular selling designs and Samantha has worn both for weeks and weeks and 6 weeks on her toes!!

There is no reason apart from maybe not so good an application or abusing them, why the silver and gold would not last just as long as any other Minx designs.

I applied them the same as all the others I have applied. I haven't had them on my toes yet but i'm sure they would have lasted longer on there.
I'm not knocking them. I love Minx! This is just my personal opinion on how the silver lasted for me xxx

I really like the minx nails so far. I have only applied a few sets, but they are super cool and get lots of attention.

The last set I did I had a lot of issues with the sides being wrinkly...like, the curve of the nail made it weird or something? It didn't lay down smooth on the sides. Am I making sense? :)

I know I just need more practice messing with it...but anyone have suggestions on how they lay the minx down and smooth it that seems to work for them?

Also, my other issue is not having a great place to attach my lamp so it ended up really low and close tot he table and me and my guinea pigs heat up our hands too much! Im working on that issue though...:rolleyes:

I really like the minx nails so far. I have only applied a few sets, but they are super cool and get lots of attention.

The last set I did I had a lot of issues with the sides being wrinkly...like, the curve of the nail made it weird or something? It didn't lay down smooth on the sides. Am I making sense? :)

I know I just need more practice messing with it...but anyone have suggestions on how they lay the minx down and smooth it that seems to work for them?

Also, my other issue is not having a great place to attach my lamp so it ended up really low and close tot he table and me and my guinea pigs heat up our hands too much! Im working on that issue though...:rolleyes:

It is tricky on an ultra curved surface ... you have to work very slow as per the video which you can watch at www.sweetsquared.com it's a whole class for free.

Certain misshaped nails like spoon nails are also not even worth trying to do. It is like trying to wallpaper an egg. So use them for the nails that are suited to it and not on those that are not.

The lamp is up to you to work out. Can't help you with that one. :hug:

Latest posts

Back