Minx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Hartill

Reaction score
Hi all just done my 3rd set of minx on my sister and had a little problem and i think it might be to do with heat but i just need a 2nd opinion as i do worry. I put all the minx on one hand starting with her little finger and i had left the minx sheet under the heat lamp whist using scrubfresh. Any way when i went back to do the filing her little finger and ring finger minx lifted off straight away, clean off, there was no adhesion whatsoever! It also happened on the same fingers on her other hand! I made sure i used the right size minx and the other three fingers on both hands were fine, it was just her little and ring fingers on both hands. I think maybe it was not enough heat as i put new minx on that had been under lamp for longer and they went on ok but i feel a bit worried in case this happens on a client!
Any advice greatly recieved
Sarah x x

sounds like u did not clean of the cuticle away properly on thees fingers maybe im wrong but that could cause u to loose adhesion after i have removed cuticles i get clients to wash hands before scuffing up there nail bed and dehydrating them with acetone first time i used cuticle away it done the same thing to me i now do not use any cuticle away at all i just push back the cuticles and then procede with the scuffing and so on :rolleyes: and i havent had this problem again x

sounds like u did not clean of the cuticle away properly on thees fingers maybe im wrong but that could cause u to loose adhesion after i have removed cuticles i get clients to wash hands before scuffing up there nail bed and dehydrating them with acetone first time i used cuticle away it done the same thing to me i now do not use any cuticle away at all i just push back the cuticles and then procede with the scuffing and so on :rolleyes: and i havent had this problem again x
When you say "scuffing" do you mean removing shine? I never do that for Minx.

I always remove shine with my koala, never do wet prep unless absolute nescessary with minx, or new client.

Sounds like your nail plate was wet to me,,only little scrub fresh is needed, did you also place minx veneer under heat alone, ie once sized up and pre cut did you hold under light? and not touch minx backing atall??

When you say "scuffing" do you mean removing shine? I never do that for Minx.
yes i meen removing shine it helps minx hold tighter and last longer on the nail plate x

I've never removed shine and was never shown to do that. I've never had an issue with Minx lasting.

Do you do this for every set or only certain nails?

Leann I only ever remove shine obv on new clients as returning clients whom I have get re-minxed every 3weeks and there nail plates will obv be de-hydrated from minx being on there and will not need shine removed iygwim,,,,I judge every client as need be:hug:

Leann I only ever remove shine obv on new clients as returning clients whom I have get re-minxed every 3weeks and there nail plates will obv be de-hydrated from minx being on there and will not need shine removed iygwim,,,,I judge every client as need be:hug:

Thanks. I might give it a go next time.

Latest posts

Back