Miscarriage / ttc / pregnancy after MC?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemmaBeauty

Reaction score
I wondered if there are any ladies out there who have been through a miscarriage or are having difficulty trying to conceive, or are trying to conceive after a miscarriage, or have had successful pregnancies after a miscarriage?

Bit about me: I'm a self employed beauty therapist and have worked from home for almost 1 year now. I had a miscarriage 5 weeks ago, at 12 weeks pregnant. This was my first pregnancy after TTC for 2.5 years. I'm still pretty devastated, especially as I've now found out that I have a 9cm cyst on my ovary which may need to be removed.
I took 3 weeks off work due to large blood loss which has resulted in anaemia and I got an infection from 'retained product' (hate those words!!). I'm currently only working part time hours but I'm still struggling physically. I do a lot of massage, so I'm taking a financial hit as I can only manage 1 or 2 a day, whereas I'd usually do 4 or 5 a day. I've booked myself on to a chemical peel course next month, just to add less physical treatments to my menu.

I'm a very private person and haven't told many people about the MC. No one even knew we were pregnant as we were waiting until I'd had the 12week scan ...which never happened. Not that I want to tell everyone, but I do find it odd that miscarriage is some kind of big secret. So I wondered if anyone out there wanted to share their experience? x

Last edited:
Hi hun, sorry that your going through this. I totally understand. I had a miscarriage and am very private too. I only told obv my husband and 3 close friends. Didn't even tell my parents. It's good if you have a friend that you can talk to as it does help but I didn't want everyone to know, not because it's a taboo subject but because emotionally I could only speak to people I trusted. I found it a relief to say it out loud to someone x
As for conceiving again I fell pregnant 2 and a half months later. I had stopped trying and it just happened.
Hope everything works out well for you. Do they think the cyst has a chance of going on its own? I have cysts and as soon as one goes another appears? Not sure if it's similar.
Hope your course goes well xxx

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. It will still hurt, but you may find that the pain of the loss changes as time goes on. You will probably always have the thoughts of 'what if' and thinking about what they would look like, but it probably won't be such a gnawing, all-encompassing ache.

It also may surprise you just how common miscarriage is. You definitely don't need to talk about it if you don't feel comfortable, but I'm sure there will be plenty of your clients who have experienced similar.

As for me, I found out that I was pregnant at the same time as my exes sister-in-law. I lost the baby, but fell a few months after - my daughter is 12 weeks younger than hers. Luckily though, my loss was a lot more... straightforward... than yours; you poor thing :(

I don't have any advice RE the cysts, I'm afraid.

Hi sweetheart. I've had a child 8 years ago ...but then had 3 miscarriages afterwards. 12 wks 14wks and I'm currently carrying but totally shocked as I was carrying twins and miscarried one of the babies. I honestly say that each to their own. If a client brings it up and I feel comfortable then I'll mention it but other than that you really dont need to. Do whatever you are comfortable with...this is your body!

I had PCO at 21 and conceived 2 years later with my son! Honestly you can do this. And if you ever need to talk were all here xx

Latest posts

Back