Missed first college day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlmb21

Reaction score
I'm so upset!

Due to a massive "twist of fate" I couldn't get to my first day of college today..

I've emailed the college & I plan to ring them as soon as I am able to aswell but I'm so upset about it :(

I don't know of I will be able to carry on with the course now as it doesn't give a very good impression of me!

I feel like I've totally f*cked up now.. But at the end of the day family emergencies are unavoidable at times it's just so unfortunate that it would happen on today of all days :(

Pointless thread just feeling sorry for myself :(

Xx

First! Don't panic.
Family emergencies happen all the time.

The first lesson is usually paperwork and induction. Don't panic.

When you're feeling better, call the college and explain.

We had 2 not turn up last night so don't sweat it, and you'll get late starters coming in up to 5 weeks after the course starts - even well into second term on my course last year!

So don't fret. But I would call college and explain and make sure they will see you on the next lesson (if possible) or let them know when you will be in.

good luckx

Bless you. It'll be fine. I was on vacation for the first two weeks of my course (unfortunate timing as it was already booked). I had told the college in email and over the phone and at enrolment. Seems it didn't sink in though as they called my mobile twice at 5am (we were five hours behind) to find out where I was! Anyway, got it sorted, started two weeks late, worked my wee socks off, got a distinction and Dermalogica student of the year! You will be fine treasure. Hugs xx

I'm sure it'll be fine. Just explain the situation and make sure you show that you are keen to catch up on the what you missed (if anything, in my day first day was getting to know one another).
I'm sure the college will soon realise how keen you are.
Life eh! *hugs* x

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Thank you for all your kind replies :)

I am so passionate, it's taken me three years to continue with my hairdressing and the last thing I wanted was to miss the first day :/

I am going to ring to explain everything, fingers crossed all will be ok :)

Xx

Latest posts

Back