Mix ratio?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessica Rabbit

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Im looking for info on mix ratio! How to mix glitter and gel for total block out on zone 1 upto the smile line. Would like to get it right with Christmas coming soon for all the partie nights out...:confused:

Also mix ratio with L&P to as I always buy pots already mixed but would love to mix my own colours....:confused:

Hi is there no one out there with info on mix ratio!!!!

it is not always that easy to get complete coverage using glitter.the mix ratio should always be 3 parts gel/powder to one part glitter.
i dont pre mix mine i dip my dotting tool into the gel and then dip straight into the glitter and then apply to the nail.
to get complete coverage you may be better of applying a coloured gel in the same or similar colour to the glitter before applying the glitter.x

Thanks tracey louise. I was just looking at your album again.... Your nails always look great and the glitter ones always look blocked out in zone 1... How do you do it so perfect.... im sooooo jealous... xx

i always use a dotting tool to apply it as i dont make to much mess,i have more control over the product.if i apply a similar colour gel first then it allows me not to have to apply to much glitter making the free edge to thick trying to get full coverage.
if im not applying a coloured gel first then i apply it the way i mentioned above but if i am then once ive cured the coloured gel i dab the glitter on cure and apply clear over the top so i dont file any off when im refining the nail.x

Latest posts

Back