Mixtone 0/81 or 0/11

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Client wants more ash shade, advised by Wella helpline to add one of the mixtones to our mix of 88/0. Ive not used mixtones before and wondered if the 0/81 was better? a little softer or what experience others have had with the shades and how they come out? Cheers

sorry cant really help but /88 is really blue? I remember being told for clynol that too be careful as it can make colours dark , which is why they brought out pale blue.

I went with the 0/81 pearl ash it looked a bit lighter and softer, maybe Ill just add in half of what they say to add and go from there, can always add more next time as I do her hair every 4 weeks.

I went with the 0/81 pearl ash it looked a bit lighter and softer, maybe Ill just add in half of what they say to add and go from there, can always add more next time as I do her hair every 4 weeks.

Hi paulette , you could do some test pieces on some spare hair , just to give you a fair indication of how strong it will be :) I too don't really like using the ash mixtone especially on blonder hair shades
so I would have gone for the 0/81 too :) minky

Unfortunately I have no time to do any test pieces she is coming in the morning. I think Im just going to add a very tiny bit like half or even less than they have said incase it is too ashen.
Ill have a word with my client tomo. The colour in my opinion is not too warm but if she wants more ash then Ill start adding the mixtone but gradually each time we do her roots.
She is also thinking of having highlights too to lighten her up a bit, we will have to see tomo what she wants she may have decided a bit more by now.
Her hair is very short also so if we go ahead with highlights Ill have to use the cap her hair is too springy and strong to weave in any case but its quite short now also...oh the joys of hairdressing

Well Ive done it! Added only 4 cms of the 0/81 mixtone instead of the 6cms, just incase and it turned out lovely for her, definately less warmth, she was pleased and decided that she was pleased with the colour that she didnt want the highlights as once trimmed also the darker ends were mostly off so there was no real difference between the old colour and new. pheww! Its nice when clients are happy!!

Latest posts

Back