MMA hand outs for clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pooh8bear

Reaction score
I have read Geegs post "MMA is not for nails" & just wondered if there is a ready made form we could hand out to our clients.

I don't want to be scaremongering but I think clients need to know & be informed as to what is going on their nails.

I do explain to clients as I do their nails about MMA but recently have had a few clients who have been encouraging their daughters to come to me rather than go to the nail bars. I am shocked at the state of their nails & although I am explaining I feel if they had a handout to take away with them they would be more likely to take it on board.

This is one I found but do you think as it is so long that clients will bother to read it or do we need to keep it short & just give them the bit at the end from Nail Magazine?

http://www.beautyweb.com/consumer_alert_mma.htm

Last edited:
I got accused of scaremongering after I posted something about MMA on my Facebook page... the girl in question goes to one of the Vietnamese run NSS salons nearby (we have 2 in Carlisle) and was trying to tell me it was all scaremongering and that she's never had problems.

Some people you just can't educate and these will be the ones who encounter problems then complain and threaten to sue when it all goes wrong....!

I've seen many a nail ruined by these so called nail bars, holes in the middle of the nail bed, drill lines, infections. A friend came to me after it all went wrong she had a drill through her thumb nail and it left her almost nail-less. Within 6 months she was back there you can only educate them best you can but mostly it will fall on deaf ears if they're not interested there's not a lot you can do. It's their choice at the end of the day. There's enough horror stories and the dangers are well known to most it still doesn't put some people off - I've learned you can't save them all!

I've seen many a nail ruined by these so called nail bars, holes in the middle of the nail bed, drill lines, infections. A friend came to me after it all went wrong she had a drill through her thumb nail and it left her almost nail-less. Within 6 months she was back there you can only educate them best you can but mostly it will fall on deaf ears if they're not interested there's not a lot you can do. It's their choice at the end of the day. There's enough horror stories and the dangers are well known to most it still doesn't put some people off - I've learned you can't save them all!

You're right that you can't save them all... I've got a girl booked in at 5pm tonight who has been to one of these bars, need to try and rectify at least some of the damage on her paper-thin nails...

Can ask what's a mma? X

I googled it sorry don't do acrylics understand now though x

Latest posts

Back