Moan of the day but need advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Ash

Reaction score
Grrr I'm a nail tech in a hairdressers! All girls was moaning about times, so I stuck a sheet of paper on back of my book with times etc...

I had to pop in the salon to pick my uv nail lamp up! I not back in their till Saturday one of the girls book a appointment in with half a hour full set! So I pointed it out said look the times on the back u know they are! She said she was busy didn't have a sec to look at the back, so i said don't take a sec to look! She said u could ring her up! My point was how can I when I am fully booked and she my 1st lady!

What would u all do!!

Pfffttt stress be gone by Saturday after work lol

I would like to help you but I cannot understand what you are trying to say.

Can't you ask her to come in earlier... And explain to the girls how important it is that times r correct and that they would b happy if u font that in there book xx

Could we all please abide by the forum rules and not use text speak but plain, understandable English. :Scared:

We had problems like this in our salon, so now each tech has their own appointment book and they take their own bookings. It can be hard as these girls do have another job to do (if their isn't a receptionist)

Personally, I would explain the mistake to the owner of the salon and ask if they would mind you going in early so you can fit all your ladies in.

Call the client, explain the mistake and offer to do them at the earlier time.

Now to solve the problem long term, give all your ladies a business card with your work mobile number and ask them to call you for an appointment. And take your appointment book home.

Just let the girls know what hours/days you will be at the salon, and leave a good number of your business cards on the desk for them to hand out.

Good luck xx

Could we all please abide by the forum rules and not use text speak but plain, understandable English. :Scared:

She's not using text speak hun, she's just not being clear :p

She's asking what would we do? A girl at the salon she works in booked a full set of nails in a 30min slot despite writing a service times sheet and attaching said sheet to the back of her appointment book. There's obviously no way the op can do a full set in 30min and she's full booked that day! She now has to ring the client but what does she say?

She's not using text speak hun, she's just not being clear :p

She's asking what would we do? A girl at the salon she works in booked a full set of nails in a 30min slot despite writing a service times sheet and attaching said sheet to the back of her appointment book. There's obviously no way the op can do a full set in 30min and she's full booked that day! She now has to ring the client but what does she say?

:)

The original post got edited - as it was completely written in txtspk earlier and it was very difficult to understand.

I would see if she can come in earlier. It's easy enough to explain what has happened. Worse case scenario is, she can't do it and books elsewhere, but the chances are she'll be ok with that.

But the girls in the salon MUST have enough respect for you to book you enough time . . . either that or pass on telephone numbers to you so you can phone back and book them in. Could you have a word with the salon manager or owner and perhaps it could be brought up at a meeting. Completely ridiculous that they are not even bothering to take 10 seconds to look up how long a treatment is going to take and totally unfair on you.

Just read Stephs post and she is spot on.

Latest posts

Back