Mobile Danger!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loualarta

Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering if any mobile techs take any safety precautions when going to a clients house. I have never thought of this before but my husband mentioned it the other night and now he has me worring. When taking on a client you dont know who they are, they could be nutters. Is thre anything we can do to mekr the sisutation safer?:Scared:

The link was really good. I did think about this and now give my husband a telephone number and address of where I am going. I also say to him I will be an hour so he know s when to expect me back, just in case.:suprised:

been mobile for 6 years, have to say everyone I've ever been to has been fine. most are mums with kids at home or ladies wanting evening treatments. But yes safety is an issue and sometimes I do worry. Male massage is a no-no.

I did have a client that made me very uncomfortable, she had three nervous break downs, she used to shake constantly and never spoke much. She always used to call me on a sunday and ask for a massage to help her relax, I don't even do massage but no matter how much I told her this she insisted I make and exception.

I just rushed her treatments so that I could get out soon or I would insist we do her nails at her neighbour's place, as they both came to me, so that we weren't alone. One day her cheque bounced and that was my excuse to get rid of her, she phoned to book in for a treatmet and I told her I can't trust her that she would pay me and said that I was fully booked.

In the year and a half that I have been mobile I haven't had a problem other than the above but you can choose your appintments my love, if you don't feel comfortable, don't go.

I also had a stripper phone me up once asking for a wax (back, crack and sack) and I apologised that I was not trained to work on men only ladies and my insurance wouldn't cover me if anything went wrong.

So you can refuse my love, you don't have to do every person that phones you.

xxxx

Thanks guys. Those liks were really useful an yes I suppose I can refuse to do the people I dont feel comfortable with. Like I said it never really worried me before until my husband said about people being nutters. I will be more vigilant from now on.

loualarta said:
Thanks guys. Those liks were really useful an yes I suppose I can refuse to do the people I dont feel comfortable with. Like I said it never really worried me before until my husband said about people being nutters. I will be more vigilant from now on.

My boyfriend worried about the very same thing but it's new to them too, they only care :wink2: They get used to it eventually.

xxxx

I always leave the number of where I am going with my boyfriend, where possible I ring to confirm when hes around so he knows the number they have given me will connect to the client. Males trying to book for their wives etc I wouldn't do I think i would offer a voucher so the lady can choose what she wants. Always make sure your phone is fully charged and keep yr keys where you can get them quick but they can't. I always give someone an eta of what time i will be out and ring them as soon as I am.I wouldnt have thought beforehand of all these "dangers" but you can't be too careful even still.

Latest posts

Back