Mobile Facials and Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainbowtanning

Reaction score
I have started my own mobile beauty business and had not intended to do facials and waxing as I thought it would be a lot of hard work with lugging the couch around etc. However, I included tinting and fake lashes, which I would need to take the couch for anyway!! So was wondering if it was in fact worthwhile to offer facials and waxing as a service.

If any of you lovely ladies have experience of performing facials and waxing on a mobile basis I would love some hints and tips and anything you feel would be beneficial or a waste of money.

Also, advice on the best product brands to use would be appreciated too.

Yes yes yes to waxing!!!!!!!!!!!

No idea how much call for facials via mobile.

Jacqui xxx

Yep, waxing is my most popular and Im mobile.

I am always getting asked to do facials at home. If you get good products and advertise well it could be a big part of your business. Waxing is definitely popular a lot of clients see it as a necessity rather than a luxury. Try to make it different to other salons to get people to go to you. Good luck with your business :)

I can honestly say that I have a mobile therapist come to me every three weeks and I have a facial and some waxing done.

She has the massage bed on her back seat and the towel,etc all rolled up with a separate bag with all the products in and bowls. She puts a reiki cd or something similar in my cd player and away we go.

There is no reason why it can't be done and I prefer it in the comfort of my own home but shutting my eyes and feeling like I'm in a spa

Hope this helps

x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I am mobile and offer facials and waxing. My ethos is to bring the salon to them so I don't cut any corners and I use a professional skin care range, Monu . I take my couch along, nice fluffy towels and blankets, I have a candle burning and pop the soothing music on. I prefer to do my facials seated so I take my stool also and I have one of those fold up tables from Argos so I have my products all set out and close to hand. I am quite busy with facials so I think if you do it right and make it feel like a salon experience you definitely gain regular clients
Best of luck x

I don't offer waxing as I'm an holistic therapist but the bulk of my work is facials. Thai foot massage comes a close second.

Thanks everyone, great feedback.

So I obviously need to find a good product range for Facials, can anyone recommend a good brand that isn't too expensive?

Again same with the waxing, which product range can you recommend and how do you operate? i.e. do you heat the wax before you leave or when you get there??

Hi Eve Taylor is a lovely facial range and great prices.
I don't heat my wax before I leave. Keep your pot spatulars etc in a plastic storage box pop it in the footvwell of front passenger seat, so it doesn't go anywhere. Plug it in as soon as you get to your client, it will be fine by the time you have set up and prepped your client, just don't fill your wax pot to the top! Good luck!! :)

Hi Eve Taylor is a lovely facial range and great prices.
I don't heat my wax before I leave. Keep your pot spatulars etc in a plastic storage box pop it in the footvwell of front passenger seat, so it doesn't go anywhere. Plug it in as soon as you get to your client, it will be fine by the time you have set up and prepped your client, just don't fill your wax pot to the top! Good luck!! :)
Thank you, I'll give it a go xxx

Latest posts

Back