Mobile? is it ever going to be busy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worthit

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm a mobile beauty therapist offering quite a wide range of services but finding it hard to keep myself motivated and hate it being quiet I'm trying my hardest to get it off the ground :rolleyes: doing leaflet drops etc sending out monthly offers to existing clients, got my car sign written, in the yellow pages and yell.com.

I did try going in a salon twice, but it didn't work out with the scond one most of all with a very nasty girl running the place and would do very spiteful things e.g put heating off when I wanted my clients to be warm she just pushed and pushed until I left.

So I've been back on my own for a year and finding it really tough to get clients and keep them what do you guys do :rolleyes: it's not like i'm not trying finding this site has been a godsend.

Any advice you have would be gratefully received how long is it before it starts really kicking in? I'm used to hard work and have always worked hard so I'm willing and able to put in all the hours god sends

Anyway I'm rambling on now my friend has a salon not near me and is always busy is it something I'm doing wrong?:rolleyes:

Thanks in advance

Kate xxxx

Dont give up - try advertising in local offices/estate agents/gyms also having a stall at a school fate or even giving schools a voucher they can auction off for a mini treatment (this could potentially get you paying clients) - keep at it it will work out

Dont give up - try advertising in local offices/estate agents/gyms also having a stall at a school fate or even giving schools a voucher they can auction off for a mini treatment (this could potentially get you paying clients) - keep at it it will work out

Thanks for your kind words I will definately try that with the school fates:)

Thanks hun

kate xxxx

School raffles are great. I've gotten referrals and regulars through these. If you're friends have any kids at schools, ask them to give out your card/price list. Once you get a couple of mums as clients they pass the word on.

My local post office offers an advertising service too which may be the case for you too.

Stick with it. It'll work out and you won't need to put up with those nasty girls. x

hi hun i've just started mobile in november and i've been putting adverts in my local newspapers, doing leaflet drops like you have. Also i got my mum to take a load of leaflets in to weight watchers on thursday and i've already got 3 new clients from it! Maybe ask shop owners if you can leave some leaflets on there desk, i've dropped some into a ladies underwear shop, a jewellers and a toning place so hopefully something will come up!
As i've just got set up i am quiet aswell i've got about 15 regulars so far so i've applied for a part-time job just to help with the cash-flow.

good luck hun, keep at it i'm sure it'll pick up soon :)
xx

Thankyou for all your great advice I will try all your suggestions I will:)

Thanks again Kate xxxxx

I am mobile myself and found that it does fluctuate depending on the time of year etc. It took me around 18 months or so to really build a regular client base, so don't give up Hun, it will happen for you, but does take time.

Use the spare time you have in between client to think of ways to offer that little something which will make you stand out from the rest. I only do nails myself, so i concentrated on the fact that no one in my area offered 3D design stuff or even coloured french. You just need to see what every one else is offering in your area and offer something more, or something that little bit special.

It is frustrating when all you want to do is work hard and earn money, but it does take time. Keep it up Hun, you will get there.

Hi All,

I'm a mobile beauty therapist offering quite a wide range of services but finding it hard to keep myself motivated and hate it being quiet I'm trying my hardest to get it off the ground :rolleyes: doing leaflet drops etc sending out monthly offers to existing clients, got my car sign written, in the yellow pages and yell.com.

I did try going in a salon twice, but it didn't work out with the scond one most of all with a very nasty girl running the place and would do very spiteful things e.g put heating off when I wanted my clients to be warm she just pushed and pushed until I left.

So I've been back on my own for a year and finding it really tough to get clients and keep them what do you guys do :rolleyes: it's not like i'm not trying finding this site has been a godsend.

Any advice you have would be gratefully received how long is it before it starts really kicking in? I'm used to hard work and have always worked hard so I'm willing and able to put in all the hours god sends

Anyway I'm rambling on now my friend has a salon not near me and is always busy is it something I'm doing wrong?:rolleyes:

Thanks in advance

Kate xxxx

Hi kate

I know what you mean, I qualified in October last year and it's been really quiet for me too and I haven't got the money to keep spending loads on advertising. I put an ad in our local paper and didn't get a single call, but it cost me over £30 just for a week and I couldn't afford to keep doing it! I've also placed an ad in our free commmunity magazine which gets delivered to loads of houses but again, not a single thing. I'm just in the process of getting some new leaflets done (professionally this time) and I'm going to do a massive leaflet drop round my area. I would like to get some experience from working in a salon but I can't find anywhere who will take me on on just saturdays only (I work full time as well in an office job so could only do salon work at the weekends for now). plus, as I only do gel and not acrylic, salons aren't interested. I think once I can do an acrylic course it will open up some more opportunities. I know how you feel though, it is tough. But hang on in there!!!

Naomi

Latest posts

Back