Mobile kit carry case - public transport

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MummyCat

Reaction score
Good evening Geeks!

I hope you're all having a lovely day?

I'm after a bit of advice really (as usual!, you are always SO helpful!).

I'm currently getting lots of freelance/mobile work but I don't drive, I live in central London so getting about using public transport is pretty easy...however I'm having HUGE issues with transporting my nail kit from A-B...I have a Roo Tanzania that I was bought as a present, as it looks amazing and has GREAT storage, however I can't lift it...even when its empty! (ok I can while its empty...but it's a struggle!).

So I have 2 clients booked in at the same time for pedi's on Friday and I need to get the tube to their place...and I'm having a nightmare trying to think of what to get to carry my kit in...I was looking at this Emerald red beauty trolley - beauty trolley cases - red trolleys UK and was wondering whether it's really worth it and whether it would be suitable for my needs?

OR would I be better off getting a cabin case on wheels with lots of different bags inside to separate my things.

Also, I've never been to anyones place before to do a pedi (usually they come to mine), would any one be able to recommend a fold up foot stool for me to sit on whilst doing the pedi's.

Thank you

I've been there :hugs: did More than a year mobile without a car, was such hard work! I used a large holdall on wheels that was great I got it from new look for about £27 think they still have them.

Hi. I'm mobile and I use a medium suitcase/cabin case on wheels and with a retractable handle. It has a separate zip up section at the bottom which I use for my lamp and a few other bits. I put most other things in separate see-through zip up bags in the main section so that I can easily spot what I need and also stops everything from rolling around (although its pretty full anyway so not much spare space). I don't use public transport but it would be fine to use if I did as it can be wheeled around quite easily.

Hi I don't know if this helps you at all? But I bought this trolley from eBay on the 20th & it came today about 2.30pm. Absolutely LOVE it! So much storage, comes apart easily, keys to lock it, you can carry the top part separately... Sturdy, on wheels lol great for mobile & what a bargain plus free delivery via courier!! Anyway I'm so excited about this (bless me!) & couldn't wait to share with someone & thought you might be interested?!! 😊

Handy if I sent the pic lol ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358888186.223930.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358888202.002409.jpg

These fold up stools are great as they fold flat and fit in most bags. I got mine from a shop called 'the factory shop' for about £5. I've seen them in lots of different places like Wilkinsons, the range etc. HTH

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358889708.278643.jpg.

I've been there :hugs: did More than a year mobile without a car, was such hard work! I used a large holdall on wheels that was great I got it from new look for about £27 think they still have them.

It is a bit of a pain...can I ask you, did you charge clients more, for when you were travelling by public transport? Everyone keeps saying I should, but I don't right now.

I'll have a look for that bag xx

Hi. I'm mobile and I use a medium suitcase/cabin case on wheels and with a retractable handle. It has a separate zip up section at the bottom which I use for my lamp and a few other bits. I put most other things in separate see-through zip up bags in the main section so that I can easily spot what I need and also stops everything from rolling around (although its pretty full anyway so not much spare space). I don't use public transport but it would be fine to use if I did as it can be wheeled around quite easily.

That sounds ideal...especially the zip up sections...you don't by any chance have a picture of it and where you bought it from?

Thank you x

Hi I don't know if this helps you at all? But I bought this trolley from eBay on the 20th & it came today about 2.30pm. Absolutely LOVE it! So much storage, comes apart easily, keys to lock it, you can carry the top part separately... Sturdy, on wheels lol great for mobile & what a bargain plus free delivery via courier!! Anyway I'm so excited about this (bless me!) & couldn't wait to share with someone & thought you might be interested?!! 😊

Its just like the one I can't carry lol....its SOOOOOOO heavy, this is mine xx

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-22 at 21.25.24.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-01-22 at 21.25.24.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 187
These fold up stools are great as they fold flat and fit in most bags. I got mine from a shop called 'the factory shop' for about £5. I've seen them in lots of different places like Wilkinsons, the range etc. HTH

View attachment 26516.

Thank you! Looks like I'll be going to Wilkos tomorrow...thats exactly what I was looking for x

Its just like the one I can't carry lol....its SOOOOOOO heavy, this is mine xx

oh nooo!!!! lol yours is fab though! Is it a ROO case?

I recently got my trolley from the range, it's made by paper mania (for crafts) but amazing for little compartments etc. it was £39.99 & I've seen it on a thread on here before because it made me go & buy one :) I've attached some pics, hope this helps xxx ps-very well made, strong & spacious!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358891061.448314.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358891061.448314.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 273
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358891112.913758.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358891112.913758.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 278
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358891165.726945.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358891165.726945.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 269
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358891221.008421.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358891221.008421.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 251
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358891271.636084.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358891271.636084.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 251
oh nooo!!!! lol yours is fab though! Is it a ROO case?

LOL! Thank you! Yes it is! I do love it, but I might have to use it as home storage x

I recently got my trolley from the range, it's made by paper mania (for crafts) but amazing for little compartments etc. it was £39.99 & I've seen it on a thread on here before because it made me go & buy one :) I've attached some pics, hope this helps xxx ps-very well made, strong & spacious!!

I do love that trolley, as I love the compartments...and you have all the same kit I need to travel around...but I've read that the zips starts to malfunction...how long have you had yours? xxx

have a look at this. It carries loads with no weight on its own. I've used it. I think there is also an offer to get the back pack too

Emerald red beauty trolley - beauty trolley cases - red trolleys UK

I do love this trolley, but I was wondering whether it was actually worth the cost...is it durable to take bumps (going up and down escalators) etc?...also will I be able to get all my kit inside, including a fold up foot stool? (I'd probably put my CND lamp in the ruck sack and wear it on my back)

Thank you

Mummycat, I've had the paper mania case as well... Absolutely love it and stores my tanning equipment perfectly, including the machine (I want to call it a compressor... Too late and my mind has gone!). I also love the Velcro detachable pockets as when I have my nail equipment in there, it's neatly organised so I can see what i want and as mentioned before, a lamp fits nice at the bottom. For the price its good. However, one of my main zips has come off after approx 2 months... Disappointed and glad the nag has two zips, but then i guess you get what you pay for. I'd still recommend it but aide of all the good factors :) x

Stupid auto correct: bag not nag and because not be aide :) xx

I do love this trolley, but I was wondering whether it was actually worth the cost...is it durable to take bumps (going up and down escalators) etc?...also will I be able to get all my kit inside, including a fold up foot stool? (I'd probably put my CND lamp in the ruck sack and wear it on my back)

Thank you

This Roo trolley and rucksack are definitely very durable and strong. I carry one up and down 3 flights of stairs to my flat and its much more do-able than the hard cases. It holds an enormous amount if packed correctly!

I never charged extra for it, I saw it as my problem not having a licence although now I do drive I'm considering adding a bit on to put people off mobile appointments and come to me in the salon as I'm hoping to start phasing out mobile work over the next year.

The beauty trolleys won't be any good for you, they come apart, rattle down the road are hard to lift and a total pain.

Latest posts

Back