Mobile lash extensions - I can't see what I'm doing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hibiscus

Reaction score
Hi ladies
I'm newly qualified with lashes and whilst I am totally loving doing them, I find that being mobile with no standing lamp means i don't always have the light I need to see what I'm doing properly!

Has anyone else overcome this problem? Is there a lamp that you can clamp onto your couch? Or has anyone used a head torch/mangifying headset thing (they look a bit silly but I guess your client has their eyes closed anyway?!).

Would love to hear some gems of wisdom from you lovely ladies please!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi, I started to struggle with this then bought a clamp light with magnifier from eBay....definitely worth the investment!

Just check you've got somewhere on your couch to clamp it first. I have to raised the backrest, clamp it on and then put the backrest back down. Any other way of doing it would just ruin the couch.

Hope this helps!

Headlamp is the answer :)

Yep, my best friend, a head/camping light. You can buy them reasonably from Argos, they are elasticised and pop over your head, hands free lighting wherever you need it :0)

I use a little office lamp with a bendy arm and place it to the side of the bed. The head lamps gave me awful headaches and the clamp light didnt attach anywhere on my bed.

I found that the headlamp wasnt giving me light in the direction i needed it to

Have a look into
http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/00169635/

Or something similar :)

Jurate xx

Really!!!

But it's on your head with multi angle and wherever you look, it shines light lol

Haha dont know i didnt like it anyway :( luckily, i dont do mobile anymore :) but i do use that ikea lamp you can twist and turn it anyway you like :)

Jurate xx

Thanks ladies - I've got a similar desk lamp actually from ikea but its a bit wobbly when I balance it in the couch! Jurate - does the clamp one go on your couch ok?

I tried the head lamp and had a big mark on my forehead afterwards...that made me feel just silly😃 also I wear glasses so there was just too much going on....did not suit me at all xx

Thanks ladies - I've got a similar desk lamp actually from ikea but its a bit wobbly when I balance it in the couch! Jurate - does the clamp one go on your couch ok?

It doesnt go on mine as its very wide and heavy. I suppose your best bet is go round to ikea and try it out for yourself :)

Jurate xx

Latest posts

Back