Mobile nail techs who do gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

british.jem

Reaction score
I have a question...
How do you transport your UV lamp safely.. Ive tried searching but didnt really find anything specifically to the UV lamp. Its a pretty bulky item and i dont just wanna put it in a bag or anything coz im worried something would happen to it. I keep it in the box it came it at the moment, but would love to know an alternative way.. any suggestions?

Hi I used to do mobile nails for 2 years and just had a large over the shoulder bag I put it in, then put a towel around it. Never had any probs :) x

Thanks! Was it just like a normal over the shoulder bag?

Hi I am mobile and have a trolley (ebay nail/beauty) this fits both my lamps in the bottom section along with my daylamp, a towel and extension lead. Gels etc go in top section with tray. I would be lost without it, my clients are amazed at what fits in.

I keep my lamp in the box it came in, it has a handle, its safely padded with all the original packing.

It was just a big craft bag I got from Lakeland. Had lots of pockets too was perfect and meant I had hands free to carry mobile table. X

I got.a great box from ikea! I got 2 sections the bottom holds a lamp and some products.. Then there's a lid top with a few different sections to hold nails glue etc!

I just use a large shoulder bag, like a travel holdall. I got mine from Matalan last year. Leather for £50. It's large enough to fit my CND lamp, cable, extension lead, a few towels, tools and gels

Plus I can still use it if I go on holiday! Everyone has said it's lovely that I've met so far and they can't believe I can get so much in it. If I don't use this bag, I generally take the top part of my beauty trolley and an extra bag for towels and lamp.

Wow thanks for all the suggestions ladies :) will deffinatly look into all the different options :)

I have a small rucksack & it fits snuggly in it x

i got my trolley box from B&Q and decorated the front so it didnt say stanley workshop haha, but its so good and it only cost £19.99, its got a top case and then i bottom bit i can fit my bin and lamp in x

Hey girls, i was wondering if any of you could help me with this. Last night i was doing a gel overlay with white tips. One hand came out perfect, and i did the exact same thing with the other hand. When i put the UV top coat on though it came out the lamp looking like when oil meets water. But it was hard and cured. So i buffed it out but had no idea why this happened? Someone help! I used NSI illusion gel and its never happened before. I think i remember reading it on here before but cant find the original thread. Hope someone can shed some light...

Wow thanks for all the suggestions ladies :) will deffinatly look into all the different options :)

Gem twice you have said thanks for all the ladies... Im a guy!!!! . . .

Hey girls, i was wondering if any of you could help me with this. Last night i was doing a gel overlay with white tips. One hand came out perfect, and i did the exact same thing with the other hand. When i put the UV top coat on though it came out the lamp looking like when oil meets water. But it was hard and cured. So i buffed it out but had no idea why this happened? Someone help! I used NSI illusion gel and its never happened before. I think i remember reading it on here before but cant find the original thread. Hope someone can shed some light...

I'm not a gels expert and have only recently completed my brisa gels training however I was taught never to use white tips with gel, only clear tips. The white tip stops the gel from curing completely. Hope this helps x

Gem twice you have said thanks for all the ladies... Im a guy!!!! . . .

Oh my goodness I'm so sorry. Thankyou aswell for your advice :)

Scottishjoy - I had heard this also and asked someone from nsi and they told me if was ok. All my other sets have come out just fine so I don't think its that.. Just confused me because it was only on one hand :-/

I use a Johnsons Baby box, one of those ones that you buy with all the baby products in (shampoo, talc etc)! Its purple and protects my lamp nicely! :)

I use a Johnsons Baby box, one of those ones that you buy with all the baby products in (shampoo, talc etc)! Its purple and protects my lamp nicely! :)

Now this i would never have thought of lol

Latest posts

Back