Mobile name - Protect it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmamcleod

Reaction score
Hi All. I have thought of my name for my company and i will be offereing part time evening and weekend treatments. The one thing i am unsure of, is can i just use the name i have chosen? or do i have to buy the name or reserve it? im only a small company so obviously dont want to make it LTD (where i know you have to buy the name) Please help xx

I'm a mobile therapist too, and not a limited company, so I didn't register with Companies House. I did check to see if anyone else was working with this name (checked with Companies House, Googled the name and checked out directories, both online and not), and I bought my web domain name.

Sure, someone else out there could come out and use my company name, but so far I've been safe. The name is on my business bank accounts, my advertising, and my taxes, so although it's "mine", someone could copy it.

Best of luck - it's a great career!!
Dawn

High Five Nails

I'm not sure how true this is, but I was told that if you addressed and envelope to your company & mailed it to yourself - it is proof of copyright.

ie -

Joe Bloggs Nails
Joe Bloggs
123 North Street
Southtown,
Lancs

It's probably a load of bunkum, but I'm sure someone will be more informed and tell us.

no need to register your name, even if someone had the same name as yours (and same job) but lived on the other side of the country its hardly going to affect you

Forget it mate it costs a fortune to be a PLC.
People will soon know who you are. Get some snazzy business cards and price lists printed up x

Hi I have registered my busines name on the national business register it cost me £82.25 and worth every penny and peace of mind for me, as I do not want anyone taking my business name. for more details go through business link.

Thanks Guys, Info is helpful x

Latest posts

Back