Mobile pedicure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mynailparadise

Reaction score
Hi,

I was just wondering how other mobile techs do a pedicure?
Where or how do you get your clients to sit? And where do you sit?
I have tried it a couple of time with the client siting on their sofa and i sit on my vanity case :o but its uncomfortable! any suggestions?

Also what kind of bowl do you use? I have one but its big and heavy and awkward to carry! :lol:

Thanks

Hi,I brought one of those plastic stools from Robert Dyas, the ones you would stand on maybe in the kitchen to get to a high cupboard, and then the client usually sits on the sofa,Icould imagine youd have to sit on the handle of your vanity case.
I also use a foot spa rather than a bowl.xx:)

I use a pedi cart made by Kayline. Here is a website that shows you what it looks like:

Kayline Pedicure Carts

Mine most resembles the one on the left. Although it looks big and bulky, it's surprisingly light and portable.

For a foot spa, I use the Hot Spa by Helen of Troy. Here is a website that shows you what it looks like:

Massage Warehouse - HOT SPA ULTIMATE FOOT BATH MODEL # 61360

I like this one because it heats cold water (not that I would ever begin a pedi with cold H20...brrrrrrrrrr...) and keeps warm water warm.

I hope these suggestions help you out. Good luck! :)

sitting on your case must be so uncomfy ! my clients either sit on the sofa or a dining room or kitchen chair and i sit on a chair aswell. i use a footspa from scholl .

i have one of those plastic lightweight stools (like a step) its a silver colour and matches my case, i also use a large plastic silver bowl (cant remember where it was from) these are easy to carry and the stool is just the right height for me to sit on and client can sit on sofa or dining room chair wherever they're most comfy

hths xxxx

I use a foot tub (large tub with handles) and everything I use packs into it for me to carry. I don't sit on anything. I must be a strange shape because it doesn't matter what I sit on I feel more hunched than if I sit cross legged on the floor.:)

when using a foot spa do you put anything in the water? when we are doing it at college we use a foot soak (or something like that) but with the vibrations from the foot spa this would foam up too much wouldnt it?

Hi

I'm about to start offering mobile pedicures, and I'm thinking of taking a bean bag to sit on. As daft as it sounds, its lightweight so you can carry it about easily, and its versatile so you can change your seating position easily. I'm going to be using a foot bath, and to answer your question, the foot soak doesnt foam up too much provided you dont use too much. (like I did at my Spa conversion!!)

Hi

and to answer your question, the foot soak doesnt foam up too much provided you dont use too much. (like I did at my Spa conversion!!)

Thanks Michelle, I am going to try it out tonight on myself:lol:

I've got a folding stool and an inflatable foot bath. I get the client to sit wherever they feel most comfortable. x

I use a light weight foot stool. My spa is very light weight too. I keep my stock in a a nice presentation box which I use as a table on emptying :)

Hi,
Thanks for your replies! Yes the handle was a little uncomfortable, but I couldn't think of how else to do it at the time!:lol:
I'm gonna look into getting the Beverly hills foot spa and I also like the sound of an inflatable but how easy is it to clean?

Latest posts

Back