Mobile policies! What do you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElysianAnnie

Reaction score
Hey geeks! I have been a mobile beauty therapist for over a year now however I have not set any "rules" for my clients. I have had a few scenarios where I have felt that some clients have taken the mick a little with i.e nail repairs and cancellations etc and feel it's time to put my foot down. I had one lady cancel her appointment, rebook, cancel, rebook and cancel again!!!!! How frustrating! Just wondering what policy do you state to your clients regarding nail repairs and cancellations? Please may I repeat that I am mobile. Would really appreciate your help. Thank you xx

Hi there I too am mobile. I think if you have a regular client base then you can create some system where perhaps if clients don't give you 24 hours notice if they are going to cancel then charge them 50% off the treatment price at their next appointment but if their not regular clients they may just not bother to rebook with you ...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi! Thank you for spending the time to reply to me! Yes I think that's what I'll have to do in future. It's never my regulars that let me down its always the first time clients! It's a hard one for us in this industry when it comes to this subject. Thanks again for your reply x

On this occasion, mobile is no different to salon based, 3 strikes and you're out. Time is money, your wages!
Nail repairs - charge them, don't let them walk over you. Even add it to your price lists.

I find its always first time clients too, and after giving a few people a few chances, I've just changed my policy.

So, if they cancel with less than 24 hours notice, they'll need to pay a deposit to secure a second appointment.

If they're a no show, I just won't offer another appointment. I've got no time for time wasters.

Thank you for your input everyone! Really appreciate it. Xz

Latest posts

Back