Mobile technicians - how far would you go..?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How far are you willing to travel..?

• Total voters

Anna Lee

Reaction score
lm interested to know... as a mobile techinician... how far are you willing to travel for your clients..?

Does how far you travel depend on where you are based..? for example.. if you lived in a little country village then you are willing to travel further than say.. someone who lives inside london..

What other decisions will affect how far you are willing to go...?

I am mobile, as well as doing nails at my home. I live in a town in Southern Ireland and i am prepared to travel up to 10 miles, most people who live out in the country are really understanding and some will meet me on a main road, so i can follow them back to their house. It doesn't happen often, so i dont mind travelling every now and again.

I am a nail technician that offers a mobile service to the Dublin and Greater Dublin area. So I travel around extensively. It there is a party of people and they are 20-30 miles away and its worth my while, I will travel to them. Sometimes I add on charges to travel distances and dont have a problem getting them. If your good people will pay. :Grope:

I try not to travel over 10 miles, because anything ovr that & it's relly not worth it.

I travel within a 15 mile radius give or take a couple of miles. I have a minmum call out treatment charge of £10, for example if all they are wanting is a brow wax which is £4, instead of paying just £4 they will be charged a minimum of £10. Am i making any sense?

This prevents me running around for minor treatments which would cost me money in the long term.

I gave up being mobile as I got busier and it made more sense to stay in one place and have people come to me (with the exception of a handful of oldies/disabled folk).

But when I was mobile I used to travel up to 2 miles and not charge any extra. Any more than that and I would charge at the rate of £20 p.h., i.e. if I had to travel for say 7 miles (approx 15 mins round here), there and back, I would add £10 to the cost of the nails. But most of my mobile work was in my immediate vicinity.

If you spend too long in the car not getting paid anything it just doesn't stack up.

i cover an area up to 25 mile, purely because i work 25 miles away from home during the day - although i only do these appointments in an evening - while im in that area so i would say any where between 10 and 15 (dependant on treatment), living in a village in the middle of no where makes it harder for me, i presume other geeks may have the same problem. It's all about LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION xx

I'll travel up to 10-15 miles away from home - any more than that I turn down. I don't charge any extra because they balance out with the clients who live round the corner, so my average return journey is 9 miles (4.5 miles each way).

Ages ago I decided on a 6 mile radius. Can't remember why now, but I think any less would have cut out a nearby town.:lol:

Any more than that and I charge a call out fee of £2 per mile. At the first appointment I point out that any breakages will be charged a £10 call out fee.

Does how far you travel depend on where you are based..?
Most definitely (for me anyway!) I live in an area where there are lots of small towns and villages so I travel quite a distance, if I didn't then I wouldn't have any clients at all and I'm struggling as it is.
I voted for the last option and I'm all by myself lol

Thanks for your replies so far everyone...

Im asking cos up until recently.. i only did clients within a 5 mile radius..

Recently though.. im getting more and more clients who are further away from me.. these clients are usually from recommendation from my existing clients...

Im debating whether to expand on my existing area..

Thanks for your replies so far everyone...

Im asking cos up until recently.. i only did clients within a 5 mile radius..

Recently though.. im getting more and more clients who are further away from me.. these clients are usually from recommendation from my existing clients...

Im debating whether to expand on my existing area..

If you can get clients in the same area to book for the same day then it should be do-able. :hug:

I've answered 10-15 just for the fact that where I stay is the middle of nowhere, and the other towns are scattered about here and there. I'm not a mobile therapist but I do offer beauty and tanning parties for a minimun of 5 people so its worth it really.

Latest posts

Back