Mobile therapists...advise :D

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinie88

Reaction score
this is aimed at any one who is mobile....and its just for my own advise Really :D

i am plannin 2 set up mobile..and have been for a good few months (i amsaving up for all my kit at the mo...and im half way there!!)

but ...despite the credit crunch i feel like i have enough fire in me to make it work for me as i really want it!! but i am just wondering....i am looking for an office job at the mo ..as i think it would be less of a financial worrry to keep a full time job (mon-fri) and do my treatments evenings and weekends and whe i worked full time in a spa...it was just tooooo much for me doing it 6 days a week...im just wondering...does anyone else do this and does it work for you? thanks guys....i hope noone thinks i am being nosey!!:green::green:

Hi There

I am a mobile therapist just gone live actually.

I work in a call cemtre part time i do 27 hours, 2 till misnight sun mon and tue

this works very well for me as i earn enough money from my job to pay all bills i have have and a little spends for me so anything i get from mobile is extra even though i dont spend it i just pujt it back into the business.

this gives me plently of time to do my mobile work as most the week is mine

I dont think a mon to fri job will be any good cos you will have very little time to do clients by the time you get home and get ya kit in the car you may only be able to do appointments from 6.00pm which doesnt leave much time. it would probably be betta for you if you could get a job for part of the week then the rest is yours

Hope thiis helps

If you need any advise on setting up just pm me cos av ust recently gone through it all and know how time consuming it can be, i wasted a canny bit money on trail and error as well which a could of done without.

Sam xx

Hi

I also work part-time (19 hours) sun - tues, then have the rest of the week to do treatments. This works well and means I know exactly when I can treat clients as my other hours are set days and not moveable.

Hope this helps

Julie

Hi Kay.

I work a full 35 hours week with 2 hours a day on top of that travelling minimum so essentially a 45 hour week plus, and i do mobile therapy in evenings and at weekends, i also do the office girls in my lunch.

Its absolutely exhausting but worth it i think whilst building base, i know what you mean though it is hard to keep fire in your belly while you do it and easy to lose sight or get scares from nightmare clients.

Its hard but im trying and i know what your going through x

Hi there

I work full time as a legal secretary and have clients evenings and weekends and am mobile, I find it works perfectly, I book my first appointment at 6.00 and make sure that I have my kit etc in the car that morning and either go straight to a client and then can do between 1-3 a night depending on what they are having and obviously work all weekend, don't get me wrong it is double hard work but I plan to go part time with my office work once I have built up a good client base.

It is good extra spending money :)

x

Hi Kay.

I work a full 35 hours week with 2 hours a day on top of that travelling minimum so essentially a 45 hour week plus, and i do mobile therapy in evenings and at weekends, i also do the office girls in my lunch.

Its absolutely exhausting but worth it i think whilst building base, i know what you mean though it is hard to keep fire in your belly while you do it and easy to lose sight or get scares from nightmare clients.

Its hard but im trying and i know what your going through x

I'm the same!! Nice to know I'm not alone even if it doesn feel like it!

I go to the gym every day mon-fri at 6am, I work 40 hours a week, and often stay away 1 or 2 nights a week for work aswell. Book my first client for 6pm, and sometimes don't sit down until I go to bed at 11pm. Weekends are usually quiet as most of my clients prefer evening appointments which is a blessing sometimes, but I do have the odd pamper party booked in which requires loads of prep.

Good job I have a boyfriend who is just as busy as me! If we didn't live together I'd never actually see him! It s possible to do a full time job as well as mobile beauty, but like Poppy-Red and myself you have to be really organised. It's too easy to slip into bad habits.

It helps to have a plan definitely, I know my situation is only temporary, until such time as I have enough clients to warrant going part time at work. So the harder I work now, the less time I will have to wait!

Good luck, you can do it :)
XXX

HI all,

I am working 16 hours per week evening and weekend but they are set hours that I know what I am working.

I work the other evenings and weekends through out the week depending on when I and not in my permanent job.

I have a little girl and have her through the day and occasionally gte friends who know I have her coming up for a pamper and a chat during nap time. This works good to at nap time only.

hth just go for it you will never know if you don't try.

Latest posts

Back