Mobile uniform

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isabel.Blake

Reaction score
So I've just qualified in my spray tan course. yay!!

And I've been practicing on a few friends and I find I get very hot when doing it and bending down etc I want to wear something comfy. Do you think it's important to still look professional or as long as you look sort of 'fashionable' and like you've made an effort is it ok? Just wanted to know what a lot of you wear when doing mobile spray tanning.

I'm thinking leggings would be the most comfortable with a loose top?

Thanks girls xx

hey im mobile & home based and i wear a black tunic and black leggins for work :) its comfortable and you still look professional! x

hey im mobile & home based and i wear a black tunic and black leggins for work :) its comfortable and you still look professional! x

Thanks for replying!! Yeah I was thinking about getting a tunic might do some research thank you xxx

Leggings and a comfy loose black top in the winter a nice black cardigan.

Definitely black trousers/leggings and black top as it's less likely to show if you get any solution on your clothes. I get hot in a beauty tunic when I'm spray Tanning so I prefer a t-shirt. I like the idea of having my business logo printed on it as I think that would help make a t-shirt look more professional, but haven't got around to it yet!

Wear anything that's comfy and makes you feel good.

Tunic and black trousers for me.
And I live in Africa , the hottest part of SA, and I don't get too hot in a tunic.
I think you need to be very specific about what the fabric is made from and the designs
A lot of copy cat designs are around using inferior material and I agree you overheat and feel like you having sweat pouring off you, however the right fabric won't do that.

I buy my trousers from primark the cheap 34inch regular cut or bootleg they cheap as chips and wash wear nicely. And yes I specifically come all the way to buy them in uk when I am out. They the best

And I live in Africa , the hottest part of SA, and I don't get too hot in a tunic.
I think you need to be very specific about what the fabric is made from and the designs
A lot of copy cat designs are around using inferior material and I agree you overheat and feel like you having sweat pouring off you, however the right fabric won't do that.

I buy my trousers from primark the cheap 34inch regular cut or bootleg they cheap as chips and wash wear nicely. And yes I specifically come all the way to buy them in uk when I am out. They the best

Do you spray tan black african women?

I trained with Sienna and bought one of their black branded T shirts which I always wear when I'm spray tanning, with black leggings. Makes me look and feel professional as it has a small Sienna logo on it, and hides any drips or spillage of tan solution because it's all black !

Agree you need to feel comfy in your work clothes but always think that some kind of uniform just adds that bit of professionalism......plus you don't have to make a decision about what clothes to put on, especially if its before the first tea or coffee of the day!!

Could you recommend where to get a decent quality tunic that doesn't make you ever heat?I've been trying to find one for ages with no luck :-(

@Beautiful-you , I got mine online from gina@work. They have a whole catalogue but they make to order which is usually three months.
The material is made up of 100% polyester but for some reason it is finely woven and does breath. I think the key is mine has a new design for the arms which don't sit snug and gives little air room if I can call it that.

@AshLovesTanning I don't think that is an appropriate question and I not going to reply for that sorry dude

@Beautiful-you , I got mine online from gina@work. They have a whole catalogue but they make to order which is usually three months.
The material is made up of 100% polyester but for some reason it is finely woven and does breath. I think the key is mine has a new design for the arms which don't sit snug and gives little air room if I can call it that.

@AshLovesTanning I don't think that is an appropriate question and I not going to reply for that sorry dude

I think you are quite rude to call me out like that. Black women can get spray tans just because they are naturally dark doesn't mean a tan won't look good on them. I spray women of all races. And I am not a dude I am a woman.

Thank you Nailpod, I'll definitely take a look at their catalogue. As it's an item of clothing we wear all day it's worth getting it right. I've lost count how much I've spent on tunics that just sit in the wardrobe because they're uncomfortable or make me hot in the summer (yes, even in England lol! )

Clearly cultural issues are mis firing I was super offended with your post and you with mine. Let's just agree to disagree on what is rude and not rude culturally and more on, shall we.
My way of talking dude is a friendly easy chitchat way of talking it gender neutral everyone in my tone area calls everyone dude

I own a few salons. I have sunbeds , beauticians and hairdressers. I have sprayed black women and they use my beds. Trust me when I say that not one of them would have been offended by that question. What a world we live in now

What my point was which clearly most of you ladies have missed is there no need to have asked that it had nothing to do with the original thread. Hence my recluctance to answer and it's a free country if I don't want to answer I don't have to, I also don't see why one should have to explain themselves and why everyone is getting all huffy about it.

What my point was which clearly most of you ladies have missed is there no need to have asked that it had nothing to do with the original thread. Hence my recluctance to answer and it's a free country if I don't want to answer I don't have to, I also don't see why one should have to explain themselves and why everyone is getting all huffy about it.
I understand your reluctance to respond and agree.

Please keep the thread on topic!

Latest posts

Back