Mobile Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xChloex

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anybody had any tips that they've come up with when wanting to wax somebody (being a mobile therapist). Thing is, I find it a bit time consuming when going to somebody's house and waiting for my machine to heat up - I use a roller waxing spa (Clean & Easy) and although I plug it in first thing and then set up and fill in their record card, I'm still waiting for a bit and I feel a bit unprofessional. Not to mention, I had a waxing client last week who was really nervous and it didn't help the situation that she was kept waiting...

Any ideas?!?:rolleyes:

xx

I was just wondering if anybody had any tips that they've come up with when wanting to wax somebody (being a mobile therapist). Thing is, I find it a bit time consuming when going to somebody's house and waiting for my machine to heat up - I use a roller waxing spa (Clean & Easy) and although I plug it in first thing and then set up and fill in their record card, I'm still waiting for a bit and I feel a bit unprofessional. Not to mention, I had a waxing client last week who was really nervous and it didn't help the situation that she was kept waiting...

Any ideas?!?:rolleyes:

xx

Are you able to pre-warm your wax at home before you leave? alternatively I know you can get in car adaptors which you plug into the cigarette lighter so you can be heating up in the car on the way.

hth:hug:

If i've got waxing client first thing, I tend to heat my wax at home then in the 10-15min drive to client it will not have cooled down long enough to set, it helps me but then most of my waxing clients come to me at home, so don't really have it as a problem.

Maybe you should try it and see if it works.

Ju x

I had bought one of those in car power invertor thingys at the weekend and I got it home and phoned my cousin (who's an electrician) to ask him if the power was strong enough as I didn't want to blow anything. My convertor was 300 watts and he said for my heater I'd need about 3000w!!!! So back to the drawing board.

I think I'll probably try to heat up my wax at home before I leave - it seems like a good idea. I'll let you know how I get on.....thanks xx

I turn my waxer up high (clean n easy) before I leave the house then when I get to the clients house I plug it straight in before I even set up.
Most of my clients are within 30 minutes drive so once I plug it in in their house for 5 minutes its hot again if its had a chance to cool down.
I often plug it in in another clients house if I have waxing after them, they don't mind if you ask nicely and I usually give a free eyebrow tint or something.

I turn my waxer up high (clean n easy) before I leave the house then when I get to the clients house I plug it straight in before I even set up.
Most of my clients are within 30 minutes drive so once I plug it in in their house for 5 minutes its hot again if its had a chance to cool down.
I often plug it in in another clients house if I have waxing after them, they don't mind if you ask nicely and I usually give a free eyebrow tint or something.

I do the same. I heat wax up at home then plug heater in as soon as I arrive at clients so by the time I have set up couch, consultation etc its perfect temperature.

I too plug it in as soon as i get to my clients, after having heated it up at home on a higher temp. Never had any probs with this. goodluck.

Latest posts

Back