Moisturising Treatments for Swimmers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alimac

Reaction score
I have a friend who is a swimming instructor. She spend 5 hours in the water every Saturday and after an hour or so her skin gets really itchy. She always showers and moisturises after the classes, but by early evening she is scratching away again and there is sometimes a red rash on her arms. She asked me this morning if there was anything she could put on her skin prior to the lessons that might help.

Can anyone recommend anything as I am stumped?

Thanks

Just wanted to suggest she speak to the pool about checking the chemical levels as they may be too high. The only thing I could think she could put on before hand is vasaline or similar (as swimers do when they go in the sea to keep warm) but this may not be practical!!!!

Bio Oil, for definite!

Bio Oil contains PurCellin oil, which took years to produce and is based on the idea that waterbirds 'waterproof' themselves when preening, to lock moisture into their feathers and keep pollutants out.

Explained better here:

.: Bio Oil :.

Get your friend to apply it to damp skin about 10 minutes before swimming, and she should be good to go :green:

Bio oil sounds a much better idea than vasaline! :lol:

Thanks for your replies - I shall check out Bio Oil and let Marion know.

Cheers

If swimming regularly you cant be thinking about treating ,you want what forms an impenetrable barrier and i'll also go with vaseline.You can put your good stuff underneath but nothings as good as a mineral to keep stuff out and you dont get better than vaseline.
After you have got out of the pool do your cleanse,tone and moisturise and if you want a recommendation for me it would be to apply Elemis sos emergency cream.

Latest posts

Back