Monomer colour drops

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raznik

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Does anyone on here know or have used monomer colour drops before?
If so can you explain how you use them.

I also have the Nfu Oh jelly colour range, and was wondering if its very similar to these effects? Am I wasting my money buying the drops?

I had a sample from Nail Labo a while back.

The one I got came in a little bottle, and you just dropped one or two drops into your monomer, and then go on with your regular steps. The pink drops with pink powder just made the pink more vivid.

Nfu.Oh's Jelly Series 1 & 2 are translucent colours that give a stained glass look to whatever design you are doing, similar to the effect colour drops do but without changing the colour of your monomer every time you want to change the colour you are workng with. I have never been a big fan of adding anything to my monomer though.

they are quite similar i suppose. i have used the colour drops from young nails which are quite good value and have used the artistic nail design one before that ezflow sell. The thing is you don't have to just just the monomer with the colour drops with a clear powder... you can use it with white which comes out quite nice... or any glitter powders that you might have and it just gives you a bit of variety with what you have already. For example i have used the blue colour drops with a red powder to get a deep purple colour. So it really does depend on what you might want to use the drops for as to whether its worth the money investing in them.
HTH's

you can try colour drops or stained glass paint with your monomer. it gives fabulous results!

I have both the colour drops from Young Nails and the Jelly II collection and find the Jelly easier and less messy to use. The Jelly collection comes in a large variety of colours between the 2 collections so no mixing of liquids, and consistant colour every time. I do like the drops but you must make sure that you mix enough to begin with otherwise you may not get the same shade, because of this I, more often than not, use too much liquid.

Cleaning your brush is also easier with the Jellys, the coloured monomer seems to go a very long way so brush cleaning takes longer. :green:

Latest posts

Back