Monomer Spilt on table..please please please help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was mobile I used to blue tac my dappen dishes down to a very small plate that had a lip around the edge, so spills were very unlikely and if it did happen then it was within the dish, I too used an ironing board for less twisting and stress on your back.

Hope you get it sorted x

On Wednesday night I had the worst nightmare

I went to do a client late on as she had had some nails done at a salon, didnt like them and was desperate for me to sort them out..I didnt get there til about 845, and was tired...I think I really should have turned it away butfelt bad for her,

Anyway I knocked some monomer onto her kitchen table - it soaked through the towel and onto the table. I cleaned it up straight away. But yesterday she rang and said it was marked and she couldnt get the marks out.

What can I do??? I asked her if it could be revarnished and she didnt know as she said the table isnt solid wood - its veneer????

Please please please if anyone can suggest anything- what is a veneer table?? can it be revarnished or resurfaced or what???

so so worried

xx
she allowed someone to do her nails on her kitchen table which she knew was expensive??? nuts... i feel for ya hun i really do cos like geeg said you are responsible.. i think this is soooo unfair as someone already said she asked you to her home .. cant mobile therapists have some sort of imdemnity statement??? carrrrraaazeee.. like a bricklayer wearing a 24carat diamond ring..

I do feel for you, i had the same happen to me with acetone! Was trying to remove her gel nails moved my arm and acetone went over her beautiful table - i grabbed a towel to mop it up and a HUGE area of the varnish came away with the swipe!! I was mortified! Straight away I offered to replace the table or at least get it sanded and revarnished - luckily she was a very understanding lady and we ended up me paying her insurance excess and she claimed for a new table - this doesn't help but I know how your stomach felt when this happened to you!

It's a very expensive lesson - needless to say I now only ever use my own fold away tables - NEVER GO NEAR A CLIENT'S FURNITURE!!!

Hope this resolves for you without too much expense

.x.x.

Hi, Im new to this so don't have any expeience although you have just made me think, I went to my friends house the other day and did her nails on her very expensive table, with just a towel, I think I'll be investing in some hands down towels too!!

Anyway, I know it's a worry for you and probably a cost you could do without, but you do learn from mistakes and I always think nothing can ever go perfect everytime. Just put it down t experience and don't let it worry you too much, as long as it wasn't a person! I hope it gets sorted and cheaply as possible. And if the table does need replacing then i'm sure if it's vaneered it will cost a lot less than a solid wood x

Eventhough I'm not mobile, I still need to protect my own table. What I have done is to buy some glass plates from Ikea, I belive they are actually candle holders, they are so small andd have a legde, but stil perfectly flat. This way my CND dappendish can be placed in the middle, and for you mobile guys you could blue tac on this and I bet it won't move....
I'll try posting a pic if I can find it...

here you go: http://www.ikea.com/dk/da/catalog/products/90064196

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back