Monomer.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterflys

Reaction score
Hi

I did a course in acrylics begining of this year, at Solana's. I bought some acyrlic powder which was pink, and monomer from the staff which she made up her self. Can you use any monomer with any powders as I would like to get some coloured powders?

I like working with acyrlics and would like to use it for 3D nail art, is this what I would use?

Thanks

The tutor made the monomer :eek:
i would be asking if it was stable and safe to use ?

i think she means that the kit was made up by the training centre.

solana have been using the salon system l/p up till now i believe.
the new lechat nail architecture acrylic system arrives in the u.k in a couple more weeks and will be the brand used in all their l/p training sessions from then on.

i will soon be offering training in 3d acrylic work using the lovely new range of coloured powders from lechat

it is not wise to mix brands of liquid with others of powder.

Sounds like the training centre buys a large size and then decants it into other bottles to make a much bigger profit on it. Seen this in many training establishments.

There is always a risk of contamination when products are decanted and you would also find that it would make your insurance null and void if there was a problem and they found you had bought decanted products ... the brand would never support a claim against you.

Sounds like the training centre buys a large size and then decants it into other bottles to make a much bigger profit on it. Seen this in many training establishments.

There is always a risk of contamination when products are decanted and you would also find that it would make your insurance null and void if there was a problem and they found you had bought decanted products ... the brand would never support a claim against you.

Well said - if you are using a genuine branded product then you have the backing of the company producing it - if you tried buying a shed load of ethyl methacrylate monomer from a chemical company (for example) then you'd most likely find you would not be covered by your insurance to use it for nails - and there may also be issues with impurities depending on the grade and purity of the ethyl methacrylate from the chemical company.

One of the main things with the health and safety aspect & COSHH (which should always be taught) is never mix different powders and monomer from different brands. Get yourself a very valuable book by Douglas Schoon - Nail Structure and Product Chemistry. The understanding of the chemicals etc are very important :)

Geeg is very right also if products are decanted:)

Latest posts

Back