More likely to employ CND trained or wholesaler trained?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty_sarah

Reaction score
hey all,

in need of some advice from you, looking to do a nail course acyrlic and gel. cnd are £895, nsi £720, wholesalers £250.

obviously you get what you pay for and if cnd are the best route to go down then ill save, save, save no problem.
if there are any salon owners reading who would most likey employ someone who is cnd trained, wholesalers or does it not matter?

sarah

hey all,

in need of some advice from you, looking to do a nail course acyrlic and gel. cnd are £895, nsi £720, wholesalers £250.

obviously you get what you pay for and if cnd are the best route to go down then ill save, save, save no problem.
if there are any salon owners reading who would most likey employ someone who is cnd trained, wholesalers or does it not matter?

sarah
I've no idea if CND take on any qualification as a conversion but what about the wholesalers, then a conversion?

Not sure that it would work out with you having the knowledge you'd need for it though.:|

I would dive straight in and go for the best you can afford hun - if you can afford to pay for CND or NSI then go for it. the products are amazing, the education levels is outstanding and the aftercare ( with CND ) is second to none! I trained via a home learn course, loved it and i was the best choice for me personally but I would have given an arm and a leg to be able to afford the CND course and travel etc :)

CND will not accept a wholesale cert for conversion .. what good would that do anyone least of all CND and the standard they set amongst their technicians in the UK?

I always say that if you can possibly manage it then get things right from the start! The CND course is a very value added course as all your kit is included in the price and the value of what is in that kit is high! If you were to buy every item in the kit individually, you would be very surprised at how much it is worth.

I'm currently training at the Creative Nail Academy in Leigh. I'm doing the foundation + brisa gels course. I did a vtct last year at college and it cost quite alot of money inc kit etc and left with very little confidence. I decided to start again with CND and it is a fantastic course. If you do a training course with a wholesaler and then buy all your products and decide it's not for you and want to train with CND then you'll have to buy all products again and training etc. It'll work out costly. CND training is so thorough, you'll learn so much and get great after support aswell. It is worth every penny! Just double check the price though because my training inc kit was much cheaper than the price you've stated above. Good luck!:D

Last edited:
There is little point going to one place and then another ,
I think you know this as you asked the question :D

With a sweet squared education they can take you from foundation to grand master !
Can the whole salers offer you this ?

Xxx

Go for the best you can afford, I've gone all round the houses and ended up wasting a lot of money, and I really wish I'd trained with people that know the products, I think I would have felt far more confident now if and it probably would have been cheaper in the long run too!

Last edited:
My daughter and I want to learn gel extensions but not acrylics. Had thought about doing the Carlton institute gel extensions diploma - they use EZflow - to get our certificate. Then practice like mad, perhaps get some one to one with our local CND trainer and then do the gel extensions conversion course with CND. I want to use the CND gel system for extensions - I have done the Shellac and Minx courses and want to keep everything CND.

I cant afford £1500 for the 2 courses with CND and will never be able to offer acrylics due to the smell. I know this way is not ideal but cant think of any other way. What do you think about this?

xx

thank you everyone for your advice, i think i will go with cnd as some of you have wasted your time with others just seems like alot of money.

i dont think acrylics smell that much to be honest, depends where your doing it? if your doing it at home in small rooms then it will but in a salon which is well ventilated would be fine. i practice all the time in the salon and it hardly smells only when you walk past with bottles open, etc.

Go for CND or one of the other leading brands who has ongoing training leading on to advanced courses. They also have educators that will be available to you throughout your career whereas the wholesalers trainers come in from elsewhere and are seldom to be seen again! :D

thank you everyone for your advice, i think i will go with cnd as some of you have wasted your time with others just seems like alot of money.

i dont think acrylics smell that much to be honest, depends where your doing it? if your doing it at home in small rooms then it will but in a salon which is well ventilated would be fine. i practice all the time in the salon and it hardly smells only when you walk past with bottles open, etc.

Cnd are fab at education but at the end if the day it is down to your educator and if you click with them, it's not all about a brand and I know that cnd give good education but it's what you can learn from your educator that matters xx

Latest posts

Back