more questions about comp p&w

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam1

Reaction score
Seeing all the fab work makes me wonder how long do you get to complete your set? and what are the different levels you compete at? Here we only have restricted(students and I think less than 3 yrs in the industry) or open which encompasses everyone else. Last year we got 45mins for 1hand( we had 1 hand tips 1hand sculpted) so 1 1/2 altogether.

at professional nails there are three divisions
div 1 - novice- doing nails for less than a year
div 2 - been doing nails for over a year and never been placed (1st 2nd or 3rd)
div 3 - if you have already been placed

2 and a half hours to do a full set, one hand panted red, one hand pink and white.
Sculpting and tip and overlay are different catagory's

wow thats alot of time wish we got that long.The divisions are a good idea as for me, as a first timer competing against well seasoned competitors(1 an aussie champ) was abit nerve racking and I probably would have felt better going up against other first timers but on the other hand it did force me to up my game. I find it really interesting to see the differences with our industries.

2.5 hours might sound long but I never have enough time to finish how I'd like and am buffing like made up to the very last second (and so is everyone else) x

You should try doing it in 45 min blocks:eek: I managed to finish my gel sculpts but didn't get them painted(we only had to do two nails painted) but when I did the tips n overlay hand I didn't get them all wiped clean or painted.So the poor judges had to contend with two sticky nails:irked: I've decided this year to use l&p as the gel curing reduced my working time.

Latest posts

Back