More than one interview

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chantele

Reaction score
I'll try keep this short.

I attended an interview for a apprentice receptionist/customer service in a beauty salon. I attended the interview and since heard back from them asking me to attend a second interview next Wednesday with the salon owner, which I have agreed to.

The same day I had a phonecall from a spa arranging an interview for a spa receptionist job next Thursday, which I will also be attending. Then I had a voicemail yesterday from another spa regarding an interview for spa therapist job which I am unsure wether to attend due to already having 2 other interviews lined up.

I don't want to get myself in an awkward position and I wouldn't know what to do if someone offered me a job without me attending the other interviews. Any advice would be appreciated.

I also forgot to add that I have no salon or spa experience and I am unfamiliar with a lot of the treatments provided at the spa that has most recently contacted me. It shows on my cv I don't have the experience. Would I look stupid attending as it's out of my depth, or would training be provided?

I very much doubt training would be provided with the most recent interview been offered.

If I were you, I would attend them all! Keep your options open :)

I have been offered two different positions with two different companies at the same time & had to decline one but I had in my mind which one I would prefer so I took that.

You may attend an interview & realise it's not what you want. Interviews work both ways.

Hth :)

Tara Louise Tans
www.taralouise.co.uk

Tbh i would attend all the interviews as if nothing else it will give you experience. And what if the first two interviews dont turn into jobs? You have then missed a potential opportunity. Most spas do provide training esp in the brand treatments but i would still go to all three of them then you can get a good feel for the environments and staff and if all three want to hire you then you have your pick and can negoiate with pay and hours etc

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

It's good experience to be interviewed. Salons often ask if you are looking elsewhere, gives you a chance to negotiate.

They may not have read the CV, I had an interview offered me for a trade test for service I didn't do, goes to show how much they didn't even bother to read my CV or my cover letter!

Maybe the spa has picked you because you don't have experience, they'll get you in and train you up. Working in a spa is hard work but in return you get loads of experience and amazing training opportunities (well I did) with big brands. Go for them all, you have nothing to lose but all to gain! Good luck 👍

Latest posts

Back