More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Annabel, I don't think there is much you can do about the lack of interest in nails, Do you do any other treatments? Who are your potential clients and what does interest them?
I used to live in Europe and where I lived people just weren't that interested in their appearance at all. Hair salons were really expensive and no one had heard of spray tanning! That's just the way it is, nothing to be done about it.
Are there any big UK/American companies around you? You may find that expats are more interested in having treatments with you. Also, do you speak the local language? That does make a big difference.
Hiya!
I do nails, lash extensions, starting up organic manis and pedis in few days (hope to get to more mature audience with those, organic is quite popular here), also will add waxing and spray tan (which is unknown as you say) in December.
There are some English speaking expats in town nearby but it's like an hour away from mine so they're not likely to come. I concidered opening a place there but rents are huge and there's no premisses available in town centre at all.
There is a bunch of Dutch expats locally but I haven't met any of them yet.
I learn local language but everybody here speaks very good English and they like to practice it now and again so it's not a huge issue (I can make an appointment in their language and have a simple conversation though).
I have some likes on FB and it's mostly women 25-34 yrs old - I gotta think of something that would make them more interested in having those services on regular basis, something that would make it trendy, but what??? Ugh...

Who are your potential clients and what does interest them?
My potential clients are women aged 18-64. What interests them are horses and peaceful family life :D
There's over 8K of them in 20 miles radius and practically no competition (there is one salon nearby but it has poor offer and reputation).

This is such a fab idea! I sent a couple of emails to the local golf club and local school and already got a response! Thank you for sharing xx

What a fantastic thread!! :)
I take advantage of Vistaprint order 250 little flyers with £5.00 off and price lists and post them to local businesses in the area for their staff. I have a great return and lots of rebooks,
Another one that has worked for me in slack periods, give business cards with my clients name in the back to give to a friend, when that friend books in and sits his/her appointment, hands you the business card and my client receives £5 off and so on so for every £5 off you give a client for a referral you have another full paying client in return x

I've take some networking tips from here and already I be had an email back from a posh hotel in my town who say they will be delighted to let me put pricelists in their hotel offering their clients 20% off all treatments with me. And then I've had emails back from the local schools about raffles!! Great help thank you

I take advantage of Vistaprint order 250 little flyers with £5.00 off and price lists and post them to local businesses in the area for their staff. I have a great return and lots of rebooks,
Another one that has worked for me in slack periods, give business cards with my clients name in the back to give to a friend, when that friend books in and sits his/her appointment, hands you the business card and my client receives £5 off and so on so for every £5 off you give a client for a referral you have another full paying client in return x

Hi KHS, Can I ask what kind of thing you say when posting your flyers to local businesses?

Hi KHS, Can I ask what kind of thing you say when posting your flyers to local businesses?

I pop in a little compliments slip hand written in the envelope with them simply saying... A little personal gift to you and your staff to use at your leisure
I had quite a few calls thanking me for thinking of them and have gained repeat clients from it :)
Give it a go :)

I pop in a little compliments slip hand written in the envelope with them simply saying... A little personal gift to you and your staff to use at your leisure
I had quite a few calls thanking me for thinking of them and have gained repeat clients from it :)
Give it a go :)

That's great. I will. Thank you :)

Anyone got any tips for me, I'm mobile and home based but in a city area with loads of competition from cheap salons but there are loads and loads of people too so it works both ways I guess!

I'm not reducing my prices so anything else you guys can suggest?

Thanks

Does anyone have suggestions for jan feb promotions and should I be advertising before xmas in case people hold off in dec??

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

Does anyone have suggestions for jan feb promotions and should I be advertising before xmas in case people hold off in dec??

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

Give vouchers for 10-20% off as christmas gifts but they need to be booked for January!

Ok, right thanks. I will have a check and see if it's mandatory then.

Just wondered if anyone else that is mobile had advertised on the sites mentioned in this thread?

This was probably posted ages ago but I'm putting my home address but making sure it's noted that I am mobile :o

I am hdknh a fundraising event for the Philippines typhoon appeal (via the DEC) I'm offering 15 minute treatments in exchange for a do action to charity, and also a silent auction. 100% of the proceeds are going to the DEC

I have sent a press release to all local new spares with my logo, and a brief (2 lines at the end) description of my services the rest is all about what I am giving to raise funds for the DEC.

All 4 papers and the local newspaper are going to put the Information in their papers for free!

So it's win win, I am getting my logo in the paper for free and raising money for charity at the same time.

My aim first and foremost is to raise money for the DEC, I am loosing out in 4 hours of working hours due to blocking out the columns probably loosing over £250. I am aiming to raise £500 :)

Jemima :)

Are you posting these to all businesses (offices, shops, banks etc)?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Are you posting these to all businesses (offices, shops, banks etc)?

I just posted to hotels, care homes and a few shops, tried to target premises with lots of female staff :)

Brilliant. Thanks x

Just marking to come back to later!:)

What a fabulous thread-have spend about 2 hours reading through it.
I am just starting up a mobile makeup and nail treatment business-pretty early stages as I only finish my make up course in January and have only done my manicure nail course.
However I am starting to create my promotional material and have set up a Facebook group and have had a couple of takers for manicures and makeup offered at discounted rates.

Eventually though I feel I need to tap into other markets. A lot of people who frequent Facebook buy and sell pages in my local area which I can promote my Facebook business page on are after real bargains or something for nothing.

I just had a few questions (forgive me if they have been answered as I am still working my way though)

-Is their a cheaper way than Vista print to design flyers etc...I love the designs but they are very expensive.

-Any ideas for how to word an email or letter to a local group/school/nursery

Latest posts

Back