More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone got any tips for me, I'm mobile and home based but in a city area with loads of competition from cheap salons but there are loads and loads of people too so it works both ways I guess!

I'm not reducing my prices so anything else you guys can suggest?

Thanks

Just my $0.02, you don't have to reduce your prices to make it LOOK like you reduced your prices for a "sale".

Say you do mani's for $20, and pedi's for $25 normally, so $45 total right?

Well with your "promotion", you are offering a "luxury" mani/pedi package valued at $75 for a standard mani/pedi price. So the client is thinking they are saving $30 on this deal.

The only difference? Use a different lotion, or add fresh herbs to the baths, or give them chilled sliced cukes for their eyes, set your CD/MP3/iphone to some relaxing soothing medatative music and away you go!:)

Nothing that will break the bank, it only adds a few extra seconds and maybe a buck more to your cost, but if they love the "luxury" mani/pedi, they might just rebook for the higher priced one after your promotion is over.

Not only, do people feel they "got something for nothing", you have the potential to upsell each and every promotion client from then on to a more expensive, basically the same service.

*NOTE: I dunno if you personally do mani/pedi's or not, that was just an example of an idea on how to promote your business, generate more clients, and not loose too much if any cash.*

Must read all this at some point!! :)

Just bumping this up :)

I've just spent the best part of an hour and a half sending out business networking emails to all of the local bridal and dress shops, photographers, cake makers, florists and wedding planners in my area, introducing myself and what I do, inviting them in for a complimentary manicure, a coffee and an informal chat on how our businesses can work together.

Last edited:
I've just spent the best part of an hour and a half sending out business networking emails to all of the local bridal and dress shops, photographers, cake makers, florists and wedding planners in my area, introducing myself and what I do, inviting them in for a complimentary manicure, a coffee and an informal chat on how our businesses can work together.

What a great idea! How did you word the email? I am considering doing this but am rubbish at wording things xx

PM me and I'll send it to you :) x

Balance andover please could you pm me the draft too thanks a lot. Will update with any further ideas

Can u inbox me to. Thanks Sarah

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Result!

I've got some replies already, one is swapping me a box of cupcakes for the manicure and the business chat, I'll PM the ladies who have asked for the email and anyone else who would like it can just private message me :)

Result!

I've got some replies already, one is swapping me a box of cupcakes for the manicure and the business chat, I'll PM the ladies who have asked for the email and anyone else who would like it can just private message me :)

Can you pm it to me please :) x

Result!

Oh could you PM me a copy to pls. Thx u very much :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Could you send me this over too please?! :)

Result!

I would love to see it too!

And me pretty please ;-) xx

Glad you like them. My takings are up 31% on last year so I think they're working!

I would be very happy with a 31% increase on last year - thanks x

Could you please send to me aswell thanks x

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

Me too please. Thank you so much. :)

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Pm me the draft too please x

And me!! :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back