Morning sickness?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*beauty_queen*

Reaction score
..who ever named it morning sickness must of been one of the lucky ones 😖 how long did your pregnancy sickness last? Please dont tell me the full duration if so im trying to ease my mind im 11 weeks and feeling so drained! 😭 x

Hey. They say that after 12/14 wks you should start to feel better!!! I can only day that someone missed me out on this. I have had sickness since 8 wks and I am now 35 wks on wed. I really hope it passes for you. I was not able to keep much down and even the thought of food made me physically sick. When I went for my 30wk midwife appointment I had lost over half a stone since the start of my pregnancy. Not so bad as I had weight to lose anyway but she said they would expect people to have gained between 1-1.5 stone by 30 wks.
I can say that the last week or so I have defiantly felt better. I still have days when I am so sick but I think you learn to manage it and the time does go in so quickly.
Hopefully you will start to feel better in a couple of weeks and every pregnancy is different so I am just giving my experience so far. On the plus side I have had no other symptoms at all. I would have sailed through this pregnancy is not for the sickness. This is my first and possibly last as I don't think I could manage it a second time round. Xxx

Should start to subside about 12 weeks ( some people earlier) & should be gone by 20 weeks. Some people suffer from Hyperemesis gravidarum which is severe sickness & can last until birth.

Last edited:
Mine went at 11 weeks with my son, had it all the way through with my daughter, but it was worst in 2nd tri. most people do lose it by 16weeks x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey, I had awful sickness for the first 12-14 weeks, I was only 8 stone before falling pregnant so couldn't afford to lose any weight through not eating, all I could do was sleep it off but it lasted all day so I ended up being put on tablets to control it. But it passed after 14 weeks and I felt no sickness at all :) xxx

Aww it's awful isn't it! Mine ended at 26 weeks then came back at 36 weeks😞🔫 officially the worst pregnancy ever! X

HairBy Amanda

Sorry but mine lasted right upto the day they were born. Last sick on the operating table having them. Yes twins. Hated my pregnancy it was awful. Vomiting and reflux. Most peoples sickness does ease though. Good luck x

I had sickness throw out the day and night the whole pregnancy, I was even sick in labour lol! And I had a boy, but everyone is different, good luck and congrats x

I am 12 weeks tomorrow and been suffering hyperemesis gravidarum it's awful it's severe nausea and sickness been in hospital 3 times with it so far starting to feel bit better it's the worst feeling ever never had it with first my fingers are crossed it goes couldn't cope through whole pregnancy xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I used the travel bands for motion sickness they helped a lot hope it goes soon x ( and drank gallons of fanta lol )

Oh u poor thing 😁I had it very bad on my first a girl from day one literally all the way through , on the plus side I barely gained any weight 😉 that was 14 years ago though so maybe there is something out there to help now! Hope u feel better soon xx

Oh I feel your pain !! With my eldest daughter I had it the whole time . I was 2stone lighter before I gave birth than pre preg I was so so poorly I ended up in hosp loads getting blood transfusions and iron injections and getting rehydrated. My bloods have never returned anywhere near normal. Youngest baby was totally diff still had normal sickness but went as normal at 14-16 weeks and was more nausea than actual vomiting like first time .

One thing I can say is even first time the moment I had her , I never tasted anything like the tea and toast hahaha I had a c sec cos I was so poorly and it was heaven but 100% worth it. I got prescribed meds too so if it keeps happening cry to your gp! None of the typical remedies worked for me but think mine was far from normal. Hope your ok xx

I used the travel bands for motion sickness they helped a lot hope it goes soon x ( and drank gallons of fanta lol )

I second sea bands. They are fab for nausea. I wore mine all the time xx

The bands were so tight on my wrists they made me feel worse! I had a few different types of antihistamines from the doctors to help with my sickness, trial & error but it did help. I was hospitalised twice before I got the tablets. It's horrible x

HairBy Amanda

Sea bands are amazing! I'm 22 weeks now and discovered sea bands at 11 weeks - best purchase ever! I popped to boots, (where the are called boots travel bands but say sea bands on the back and actual bands) anyways put them on in the car and by the time I drove home I felt SO much better, i could actually be around oh whilst he was eating his dinner and fancied something to eat myself! It was a break through! Lol 😂

Though they are a but tight at first the do soften, I ended up wearing mine for 4 weeks as I felt better by week 15

Congratulations! This sickness feels never ending but it will pass 😊 x

Mine eased off at 17 weeks, fingers crossed for you that you will feel better soon

I've had morning sickness since 6 weeks. However mine is triggered by smells and unfortunately also by constant gagging (automatic reflux). For me it comes in waves some days ill be great and then all of a sudden ill be sick. I also get nausea throughout the day. My midwife couldn't give a monkeys, even though I weigh 8 stone and I'm 4"11, loosing weight is very dodgy for me. I'm now 17 weeks and I'm still suffering and still loosing weight. The only things I've found that help is eating tiny portions of anything you fancy. I always take a bottle of water with me where ever I go and sometimes fresh lemon slices in the water help.

This is my first pregnancy and sorry to sound negative but I'm not enjoying it one bit. I've also got the lovely piles, so when I do get a chance to eat something, I then get that issue to contend with.

I hope that your morning sickness eases up and that you get to enjoy your pregnancy. Xx

I had chicken pox too during my pregnancy.

I got told by a friend to eat a banana first thing, literally before you even get out of bed. I never felt like eating anything at that point of the day cos I felt so sick but I did it and it did work.
The tablets I took were called Cyclazine, my midwife told me to ask my gp for them. But I did have to have a complete hormonal break down whilst talking to my doctor (he's male) about how men will never understand what it feels like etc etc and he eventually gave in after me throwing a diva hissy fit and refusing to get out the room until he wrote me the prescription :)
For ongoing issues such as acid reflux/heartburn....mine is always worse after eating and at night....try drinking peppermint tea, I've found that helps xxx

I'm 12 weeks now and although I haven't been sick, I've felt so sick from weeks 5-10 pretty much all day. The last couple of weeks I've been fine in the day but my evenings are a write off and I come to bed early to sleep it off. I think it's just starting to ease though so fingers crossed the second trimester will be better as they say.
I didn't realise we were so close in weeks, when's your scan?x

Latest posts

Back