Moroccan Tan is fab

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You wash it off after 2 hours & it develops over a longer time. I tanned at 9pm washed off at 11pm & was brown when I woke in the morning.
It's a tad orange for my liking the 10 % original but not hugely
Only on day 2 so not sure on ware & fade off yet.

I have just received my sample of Moroccan tan.

I have the 8%2 hours tan.

I have a question - does the tan develop in 2 hours or does it still take 8 hours, but can be washed off after 2 hours?

No you wash it off after two hours but it still takes 8 to develop x

Wow! That's a fab colour can u post pics after colour guide is washed off please? Looking into new tan solutions, this site is fab for feedback!x

This is 3 days after I've washed it off il try get someone take a fuller body pic later

This is 3 days after I've washed it off il try get someone take a fuller body pic later

Sorry here is the pic I forgot to attach it ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403269828.088689.jpg

Glad I've seen this thread, I've just got a sample of the 11% today and purchased the retail mousse from the original range, I trained & use St Tropez so on price it's cheaper, I'm hoping I like the sample x

You wash it off after 2 hours & it develops over a longer time. I tanned at 9pm washed off at 11pm & was brown when I woke in the morning.
It's a tad orange for my liking the 10 % original but not hugely
Only on day 2 so not sure on ware & fade off yet.

generally speaking an orange tan outcome is one that comes about by to strong a solution used relative to the specific skin type and development reaction of each individual...were all different

One would normally recommend a lower DHA level when using standard solutions however with rapid tan solutions all you need to do is reduce the initial exposure time before washing off

There is no fixed time as we are all different so trial and error is all that can be done

on your next application reduce the exposure time to say one and a half hours...see how this develops and adjust accordingly to suit

HTH

generally speaking an orange tan outcome is one that comes about by to strong a solution used relative to the specific skin type and development reaction of each individual...were all different

One would normally recommend a lower DHA level when using standard solutions however with rapid tan solutions all you need to do is reduce the initial exposure time before washing off

There is no fixed time as we are all different so trial and error is all that can be done

on your next application reduce the exposure time to say one and a half hours...see how this develops and adjust accordingly to suit

HTH[/QUOTE
The ware & fade off was not very good to be honest so there won't be another application. It doesn't compare to xen-tan in the slightest.
However I'm still curious to try the exotic range, which is more olive based apparently.
I use xen-tan dark usually which would translate to a much higher percentage & never get a orange tone, so I'm unsure if that theory is perhaps more directional to certain brands.
:)

HTH[/QUOTE
The ware & fade off was not very good to be honest so there won't be another application. It doesn't compare to xen-tan in the slightest.
However I'm still curious to try the exotic range, which is more olive based apparently.
I use xen-tan dark usually which would translate to a much higher percentage & never get a orange tone, so I'm unsure if that theory is perhaps more directional to certain brands.
:)

What a brand print on there bottle in terms of DHA concentrate is one thing however the "actual" strength is far more dependent on the quality of DHA used.

For example brand A" might use pharmaceutical grade DHA in there 8% mix and brand 'B" who uses an 8% non pharmaceutical or "made in China" formulation will not be as strong as brand "A"

Additionally even relatively high standard tan will not be as high a DHA concentrate as a rapid tan which works on the principle that the ingredients need to get into the skin to do its job as quickly as possible so it is likely that your skin has not been exposed to such a high DHA hit...have you tried other rapid tans before ???

Generally speaking the orange effect is not brand specific and is the result of DHA overload

In terms of the wear off and fade issue ...again this is more associated with rapid tans than with standard solutions simply by virtue of the job they are required to do they are far more aggressive by nature and require far better pre and post tan application maintenance to avoid such issues

HTH

My husband has tanned me tonight as my fellow tanner is away, I look very dark compared to normal as he is a bit trigger happy!! Can I wash off before the 2 hours to stop going too dark?cx

Vicki x
Hands On Beauty

My husband has tanned me tonight as my fellow tanner is away, I look very dark compared to normal as he is a bit trigger happy!! Can I wash off before the 2 hours to stop going too dark?cx

Vicki x
Hands On Beauty

I wouldn't if I was you the guide colour is probobly just darker it shouldn't affect your tan x

I'm very scared right now!! 20 mins till shower time, wish me luck 😂 x

Vicki x
Hands On Beauty

How'd it go then?

I've just sprayed my top half with a 10% sample I got from the beauty show on Monday. The smell is terrible! I wouldn't buy it just because of that. It also feels sticky. I usually use Nouvatan and often use the 20% left on for 3 hours and it comes out like a 10%. Same thing but cheaper and smells nicer and isn't sticky. I won't be changing and I haven't even experienced the fade off yet!

Colour is about 6% I reckon. Not impressed.

Has anyone else any experience with this tan?

I love the fact it has such a quick wash off time, I did ask a college to try it out but she had tan on already so didn't get a true idea of what it was like :(

I think the retail products look lovely and are reasonably priced , and it would be so handy to order it from sweet squared as I order shellac there regularly anyway :)

Has anyone tried this in their salon? What is client feedback?

I love the fact it has such a quick wash off time, I did ask a college to try it out but she had tan on already so didn't get a true idea of what it was like :(

I think the retail products look lovely and are reasonably priced , and it would be so handy to order it from sweet squared as I order shellac there regularly anyway :)

I liked it but the honey scent is quiet sickly and it ends up with the fake tan smell afterwards. The colour was nice (the original 2 hr solution) and faded evenly. The retail product line isn't huge but sufficient for retailing - I've used the mousse, I've left this on for 2 hrs & washed it off and it has a nice colour result, isn't drying on the skin and faded evenly - downside is the same as the solution the honey scent & fake tan smell afterwards - but when it's only left on for 2hrs does it matter that much?

I think the Nouvatan 20% used as a fast tan is a much better colour, better fade off, smells nicer and is cheaper!

I did try nouvatan and unfortunately didn't like it :( I tried that on 2 of the girls in work and both didn't like the colour or the fade off :(

Isn't it funny how everyone has such different views on tan ? :)

Guess I'll just have to try Moroccantan for myself and hope it's what my clients are looking for :)

We do sell a lot of Moroccan Oil in the salon so at least there are already familiar with that product so may be more willing to try out the tan ? :)

I did try nouvatan and unfortunately didn't like it :( I tried that on 2 of the girls in work and both didn't like the colour or the fade off :(

Isn't it funny how everyone has such different views on tan ? :)

Guess I'll just have to try Moroccantan for myself and hope it's what my clients are looking for :)

We do sell a lot of Moroccan Oil in the salon so at least there are already familiar with that product so may be more willing to try out the tan ? :)

They have sample packs of the solutions if your not wanting to invest yet they are perfect x

I use MoroccanTan on myself and clients and when sprayed correctly is not at all sticky, I can guarantee my clients will not go orange, also guarantee that as long as all the post tan after care is followed will have an even colour breakdown x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back