most useless advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kittenclaws

gona be slim geek
Reaction score
just for fun i was wondering what is the most useless or stuid piece of advice you have ever been given, it doesnt have to be just about nails:)

mine has got to be ................................from my nanna
makesure you change your undies every day, you might get hit by a bus:irked: , who would not change there undies each day? and what has not changing your undies got to do with a bus???

Whilst staying with My Grandparents i was ironing my clothes and i tossed my pyjama's to one side and my Grandad said "What on earth are you doing Elisabeth.....What if we get burgled and he is good looking & he see's you in your crumpled up pyjamas".

My reply was...........Good point Grandad....lol...never miss an oppurtunity to pull lol xxx

Eat loads of carrots as they make you see more in the dark??????????

Amanda

Its not useless but cute i think, my friend always told me, always moisturise your hands, always moisturise your neck and never love a man more than he loves you!

kittenclaws said:
just for fun i was wondering what is the most useless or stuid piece of advice you have ever been given, it doesnt have to be just about nails:)

makesure you change your undies every day, you might get hit by a bus:irked: , who would not change there undies each day? and what has not changing your undies got to do with a bus???

My mun told me the same thing. Its that thing about what the nurses will see if they have to undress you:eek:
you've just been splattered half way across the road and you should worry about what a nurse thinks while she cuts you out of your cloths:lol:

If you eat your crusts it will put hairs on your chest - by my nan -
why does a girl want hairs on her chest???? lmao xx

eat the crusts of your bread and your hair will go curly.......already had curly hair and hated it!! so i use to leave them lol

kittenclaws said:

My mum said... "make sure you can live with the things that annoy you about the man you love, because if you marry him... they'll annoy you 10 times more".... it's true (it was very true of my ex-husband:rolleyes: )

My dad used to say ... keep a sixpence between your knees, and it will keep you 'out of trouble' huh!!!! ... bless him ...

Lily said:
Eat loads of carrots as they make you see more in the dark??????????

Amanda

I was told to eat carrots too because you've never seen a rabbit wearing glasses! Someone please save me from my dad's sense of humour!

Mrs Geek said:
My mum said... "make sure you can live with the things that annoy you about the man you love, because if you marry him... they'll annoy you 10 times more".... it's true (it was very true of my ex-husband:rolleyes: )

I am guessing that that is a good piece of advise though, and 1 I wish I had been given when I met my first husband!!

my mother in law always says to me when things are going wrong! THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON! LOL drives me mad as i cant think ov any.

How about when people say " save it for a rainy day" why would you do that?!

Nail FX said:
My dad used to say ... keep a sixpence between your knees, and it will keep you 'out of trouble' huh!!!! ... bless him ...

Pity they are hard to find these days :eek:

My dad used to say if I ate all the crusts from the bread I'd get big boobs
HE LIED:irked:

"Why is it in the last place you look"

of corse it is, your not going to keep looking are you.:)

when pulling a funny face my mum and dad would say 'put your face straight before the wind changes and it stays like that' - whats that all about? It scared the life out of me!

"Its wherever you left it" my mum used to say, when i was looking for somthing I couldnt find. Makes a whole lotta sense!! well it always was where I had left it...i just couldnt remember where that place was!!

Also the classic "where are the keys" reply "on the side". Well which bl***y side. There must be about 20 sides in the house!

these are great:)

another one from my gran was if something bad had happened she would say............ be greatfull because worse things happen at sea:irked: ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back