Mother in laws hair !!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with deciding on a colour for my ex mother in law, and no pink or orange isnt an option !

She has 50/50 white and grey (steal grey ) She would like a beige blonde, she does throw out quite alot of warmth on her hair.

I did a tester with 900s with a bit of 9.34, colour was ok but I think a semi would be better so she doesnt have the roots. :rolleyes:

I dont think anything as light as a 900 s ( is that loreal?) will cover any white anlso a semi may not cover the white ,even in a base shade lvl 9 . I think you will have to do a level 8/9 permanant or at least a lvl 8- semi ( saying that i use wella ,im not sure but i think loreal come up 1/2 shade darker esp the semis) with the natural warmth already in the hair why not use a permanant tint something like 9.03 or 8.03 which will come up warm . How many shades are you lifting?

I'm not looking for lift, more a tone on tone. .03's will come up warm which she doesnt want, she like beige ( she's a very beige person! ). I'm thinking more long the lines of a dia color richess?

any other suggeations?

I think if you are looking for beige, Lianas suggestion of a tint 8/03 in wella with 6% peroxide left on for half an hour will turn out a lovely biegy blonde on this sort of base ,
the wella 80/3 on a base level 7 with 50% white is perfect for this base

I had client with a base level 7 with 50% white and 8/03 tint in wella turned out a perfect beige
she then had a sprinkle of baby blonde highlights added for interest

with the 8/03 tint you don't get too much gold as its in the naturals range ,
and you dont get too much lift with the 6% vols,

but if you are not too sure,
you can always do some test pieces in a few different bases first
to show to your client ,
this way she can pick :hug:

Ah thanks for that minky, have you used many of the dia colours? I only use the darker, chocolate type of colors, are there any that might work as tone on tone for her hair ? Its was much easier when she didn't like me and went to the hairdressers !

Ah thanks for that minky, have you used many of the dia colours? I only use the darker, chocolate type of colors, are there any that might work as tone on tone for her hair ? Its was much easier when she didn't like me and went to the hairdressers !

Hi, sorry I dont use loreal,
so I can't say for sure,
but I am sure some others on here will point you in the right direction,
you could ask Jeni giles on here she is a Loreal Tutor :hug:

oooo thanks ! x:hug:

just a suggestion- ive never used it myself - what about luocolor ? Ita supposed to be like a more permanant semi( its supposed to be permanant but ive heard its like a coss between a quasi and permanant ) and it lifts two shades without a line and multitones - but ive never used it!

just a suggestion- ive never used it myself - what about luocolor ? Ita supposed to be like a more permanant semi( its supposed to be permanant but ive heard its like a coss between a quasi and permanant ) and it lifts two shades without a line and multitones - but ive never used it!

Thanks for all your replys.

I did it this afternoon with 913 diacolour richess and it was just right !
( thank god ! ) Whic is more than I can say about the set of sculpts I did this morning !!!:eek:

Latest posts

Back