Moving Salons Advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marieannes

Reaction score
I have been hiring a beauty room above a hairdressers for 8 year now and after much thought I have decided to take the plunge and open my own shop. The thing is the shop I want to open is on the same block as the one I am in now. I was wondering if it would be o.k to do this. I pay the salon owner rent every week, and have built up a good clientele. I can't afford to move out of the area and start again somewhere else as this means I would be starting from scratch, trying to build up a good clientele again, as not a lot of people would be willing to follow if I went to far way. I want to expand my business with more treatments ( which I can't do where I am cause of the room) and more staff besides myself. What would you do? :confused: Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanx

Do it!!! I was in a similar situation, same hairdressers for 8 years, good clientele etc. I moved out of the area, it's going ok but bloody hard building up business again.
If i'd had the chance of a salon in the same street, or even the same town i would have snapped it up. Good Luck:)

Do you think the Hair Salon would want to rent it out again as a Beauty Salon when you leave?

Was there anything in the place when you moved in, like equipment for beauty etc.?

There's no law against you doing it if it was your business to begin with and you set it up.... it's not like you're taking anyone elses clients.

Latest posts

Back