Moyou nail stamping help needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helencowleard

Reaction score
Hi all, im a stamping virgin! So Ive bought two Moyou London stamping plates, two Moyou polishes the rectangular stamper & scraper. I was so excited, removed my Shellac got all my kit ready. Got a few colour pops out to do a trial.......& I can't bloody do it! :(
As far as I can see from instructions, you tube vids im doing everything correctly. So why is the image not transferring to the stamper from the plate? Im doing it really quickly so the polish is still wet. Its just not working. I could cry. Ive ended up with Vinylux on until I can figure out whats wrong.....sob! Pls help :banghead:

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1397428493264.jpg
    1397428493264.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 513
Hi all, im a stamping virgin! So Ive bought two Moyou London stamping plates, two Moyou polishes the rectangular stamper & scraper. I was so excited, removed my Shellac got all my kit ready. Got a few colour pops out to do a trial.......& I can't bloody do it! :(
As far as I can see from instructions, you tube vids im doing everything correctly. So why is the image not transferring to the stamper from the plate? Im doing it really quickly so the polish is still wet. Its just not working. I could cry. Ive ended up with Vinylux on until I can figure out whats wrong.....sob! Pls help :banghead:

Maybe you should prep your stamper, gently filing it a bit, then removing the dust with tape? Try with Konad stamping polish, or Mundo Des Unas, the plates of MoYou London aar deep etched and need a thicker stampingpolish. Keep trying, you bought excellent plates!

Interested in this too..... Some of mine worked but the face ones didn't like u nothing at all happens :( i havent even dared tell anyone about yet!!

Did you remove the protective film from the plate?

Yes blue protective film removed x

Yes blue protective film removed x

Oh no Helen!!

Are you stamping with the MoYou polishes? Are they stamping polishes or nail polish?

It won't be the plates or the stamper & scraper as mine work fine.

I test out stamping on paper first, and make sure you pick up the image in a swift downward or rolling motion.

I would definitely invest in Konad Special Polish - I've also just ordered a few Barry M for metallics.

If you do have a few VINYLUX, Locket Love and Gilded Pleasure stamp really well? xx

Oh no Helen!!

Are you stamping with the MoYou polishes? Are they stamping polishes or nail polish?

It won't be the plates or the stamper & scraper as mine work fine.

I test out stamping on paper first, and make sure you pick up the image in a swift downward or rolling motion.

I would definitely invest in Konad Special Polish - I've also just ordered a few Barry M for metallics.

If you do have a few VINYLUX, Locket Love and Gilded Pleasure stamp really well? xx

I know TheRealMrsGrey I was most upset last night, like a child with a new toy & no batteries lol. The polishes I bought were from on the Moyou London website I didnt see some for stamping and some normal ones. I just assumed they were for stamping??? Maybe thats the problem. I'll look on the Moyou website to see. Need my stamping to work......:confused: x

Have you tried roughening up the stamping surface slightly? I'm sure one of my moyou stampers wouldn't pick up images at all initially until I gave it a wee buff! Now no problems at all the rectangular one is definitely a favourite for accurate placement!

Have you tried roughening up the stamping surface slightly? I'm sure one of my moyou stampers wouldn't pick up images at all initially until I gave it a wee buff! Now no problems at all the rectangular one is definitely a favourite for accurate placement!

Do you mean buffing the stamping plate or the rubber stamper? X

Clean the plate with acetone
Buff the rubber stamper with a 180 grit file, I've got the same stamper as you :)
Dust off
Wipe rubber stamp with nail polish remover
Apply polish on plate
Scrape off excess polish use an old bank card of you think the scraper is naff,
Pick up image and use x

Clean the plate with acetone
Buff the rubber stamper with a 180 grit file, I've got the same stamper as you :)
Dust off
Wipe rubber stamp with nail polish remover
Apply polish on plate
Scrape off excess polish use an old bank card of you think the scraper is naff,
Pick up image and use x

Mine arrived this morning and I have the same problems as the OP. Exactly like a kid with a new toy and no batteries. Shall keep trying!

EDIT Just used thick Jessica polish and its working yayayayayay

Last edited:
Mine arrived this morning and I have the same problems as the OP. Exactly like a kid with a new toy and no batteries. Shall keep trying!

I was wondering if it was the polishes. I bought the Moyou polish at the same time assuming they'd be the best??? Then questioned if there was two types of polishes online & id stupidly bought the wrong ones. Even checked there directions on their website but it says apply the Moyou polish!!!! WTF??? Did you buy the Moyou polishes too?

Yay! Yep defo thicker the polishes the better! xx

Right so ive tried Barry M polish & also buffed the top of the rubber stamper. The images with larger spaces for the polish to stick to work ok but the images that have fine details still dont work :'( just dont know whats going wrong???

I ordered some plates from them lady Thursday and still waiting for them to be delivered :(

Right so ive tried Barry M polish & also buffed the top of the rubber stamper. The images with larger spaces for the polish to stick to work ok but the images that have fine details still dont work :'( just dont know whats going wrong???

There are two Moyous, I bought the Moyou London stamp and plates...but my stamp would not work at all. Then I went to the gadget show on Sunday and Moyou nails were there bought one of there stampers and it works a treat...couldn't get the Moyou London to pick up the image at all...yet with the Moyou nails stamper I can stamp with no problems...

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

There are two Moyous, I bought the Moyou London stamp and plates...but my stamp would not work at all. Then I went to the gadget show on Sunday and Moyou nails were there bought one of there stampers and it works a treat...couldn't get the Moyou London to pick up the image at all...yet with the Moyou nails stamper I can stamp with no problems...
Also the lady on the stand said you don't need special polish, just leave the lid off normal polish for a couple of hours to allow it to thicken.

Also the lady on the stand said you don't need special polish, just leave the lid off normal polish for a couple of hours to allow it to thicken.

Thanks for the info, do you know which website the other Moyou is then? I found Moyou.com but no stampers or scrapers on their site? X

Thanks for the info, do you know which website the other Moyou is then? I found Moyou.com but no stampers or scrapers on their site? X

Yes I have the address - downstairs I will post it on here tomorrow

MoYou plates are amazing; please persist...I have 34 of there plates and not a problem with any of them.
The only problem I've ever had is that I need to prep my stamper which I've found difficult so always resort back to my Konad stamper
I've never used moyou polish as I have lots of konad ones and Barry m special effects which I find fab, but someone mentioned on a stamping page they were disappointed with MoYou's polish.
It may be more payout but get a konad stamper and scraper. You won't regret it the images are great and I never have to restamp x

Latest posts

Back