Moyou plates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20% off 20% off

Just saw on fb if you log in or create an account on the MoYou website..checkout using code Sammy20 for 20% off...you have to be logged in x

oh boo their website is under construction was gonna try and order some xmas plates if they are in stock :sad:

Hi all!!
Am I doing something wrong here?? I have a large amount of moyou plates and love the idea of them!
I keep seeing all of your beautiful designs on here, but I just can't seem to get them to work!!
I end up loosing half the design!!!!
Help!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't got any of these but use Konad and BM plates which I think are similar. With them you have to work quickly otherwise the polish dries and you can't get it out. Also I had problems when I was pushing the stamper too hard onto the plate and then onto the finger. This was squeezing the polish out of the design and then it was drying out too quickly.

So, plenty of polish, work quickly and don't press too hard. Hope that helps.

Karaxxx

moyou.co.uk

I haven't checked so hoping the code is still valid xx

New plates available for pre sale orders tomorrow. Be sure to checkout the Mother Nature plates too. Just Launched! - Image Plates

The search feature isn't enough on Salon Geek LOL - It's taken me a good hour to find this thread, because I was too gormless to bookmark it... I have just ordered these fantastic Xmas plates, reindeer, jumper print style images ... :)

The link expired but this is the new link to go straight to these gorgeous Festive plates ... Just ordered mine ... woo hoo

Search results for: 'festive'

I ordered my plates on the 1st November and they still haven't arrived (I'm in aus). Does it usually take a while?

have you ordered pre sale plates? if so you must wait till its launch.

So I just got a festive plate today- I'm in love! My question is which regular nail polish have you ladies found good?? I use gelish which I gather will be no ise for stamping- arctic freeze maybe? Fancy grabbing some polish ASAP to have a go- my Barry m seem to sort of do the job? Feel my candy cane stripes will be off later! Even the kids have some random bits of shaming hehe!!!

These 'Special Effects' polishes by Barry M are brilliant (available in the UK) ... DO NOT buy just any of there polishes, they have to be Special Effects that are only available in 4 colours... The Special Effects range I have are the gold, silver, purple & pink. Around the neck of the polish it has the words Special Effects).

[URL=http://s1242.photobucket.com/u...bums/gg529/Sharon_Ryan/barrym.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

These 'Special Effects' polishes by Barry M are brilliant (available in the UK) ... DO NOT buy just any of there polishes, they have to be Special Effects that are only available in 4 colours... The Special Effects range I have are the gold, silver, purple & pink. Around the neck of the polish it has the words Special Effects).

[URL=http://s1242.photobucket.com/u...bums/gg529/Sharon_Ryan/barrym.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Ah I know the ones you mean! Thanks for that tip! Fab off I go to boots tomorrow :) wonder if they have a nice thick white too lol!! I see this stamping thing could get addictive!! Thanks

There is also a green coloured varnish in the Barry m special effects range last time I was in Uk I got mine from super drug, best metallic varnish for stamping u have ever used!

Hi ladies,
Have any of you had success using moyou large squishy stamper. Ours arrived today but jeeze in having some right difficulty picking up a design.
Do you stamp or roll? Never had trouble with our konad stamper. Help! Xxx

Hi ladies,
Have any of you had success using moyou large squishy stamper. Ours arrived today but jeeze in having some right difficulty picking up a design.
Do you stamp or roll? Never had trouble with our konad stamper. Help! Xxx

Is it a problem picking up the image or placing it on the nail...the squishy stamper you kind of press down onto your nail from above if that makes sense
Some stampers need priming first but yours may not if it's picking up the image well x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389309751.569607.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389309778.136146.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389309844.902912.jpg

Thought I would share a couple of mine from over Xmas.. I love Moyou!
I have found these things really help..

A small blob of cool blue to wipe over the stamper and allow to dry.
Work really quickly when applying the polish, scraping and stamping.
I don't roll I do a firm stamp!

Are you using the Moyou nail polish?
X

Laurza, were having difficulty picking up the image. I've just watched a tutorial which says you need to prime your stamper first ( buff it lightly) is this correct?
MrsSlim we're using konad polishes, though I have seen many tutorials where people are using normal polishes, we've never had any success with these. Xx

Laurza, were having difficulty picking up the image. I've just watched a tutorial which says you need to prime your stamper first ( buff it lightly) is this correct?
MrsSlim we're using konad polishes, though I have seen many tutorials where people are using normal polishes, we've never had any success with these. Xx

Yeah I'm having trouble with my squishy xl stamper...join the group "adventures in stamping" on Facebook; there are lots of very experienced stampers who can tell you exactly what to do...there's lists of polishes that work loads of info on there I love the group x

Latest posts

Back